LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright guys. After reading every page of this tread, I have to ask, which vendor do you guys prefer? Sounds like customer service is a mixed bag! Who has the best shipping time? TIA!
It's playing Russian roulette... You either get a good unit or a dud.

Are these supposed to plug into anything?? My air works but I am getting no sound at all.

15567483-DA62-4F08-B221-BA0B873A4DC1.jpeg

Ordered my radio from rhino and agree that their customer service is absolute garbage. I’m hopeful that it get a solid unit when ever it arrives 😒

Are these supposed to plug into anything?? My air works but I am getting no sound at all.
One of those is the antenna... Looks like the lower one.

Some folks had the no sound issue and they fixed it by connecting the old radio and turning up the volume.
Also I have nothing to plug into these line out rca jacks. My stock harness had no rca connections.
You don't need to do anything with those unless you have after market amps.

Both of those are antennas. The black one is for the back passenger side glass antenna.
Learned somenthing new... That must be a LC thing... my LX only had one.

How did you guys get the side vent pieces to stay in place? There's no locking or tabs or anything on mine.

How did you guys get the side vent pieces to stay in place? There's no locking or tabs or anything on mine.
I took the little clips off the stock ones and installed them on the new vent covers

New to the forum but read all the work people put into installing these "tesla-style" systems.

Does anyone know if there is someone in Los Angeles that professionally installs them? I have an '03 LC.

I am starting to go nuts trying to get the sound to work. Does this connection look right? I am getting no sound at all from the system. Also on the console settings it showing the amp switch is off. I have plugged in old unit and turned volume to max then turned cruiser off and reinstalled Tesla unit. So close to getting this fixed.
C896C26F-B906-4CFE-B83A-57640720164D.jpeg

I don’t have these plugged in anywhere. Anyone know what they go to? Wish I knew how to turn pic once uploaded from phone. Sorry it’s turned like this.
9051FB59-5296-4D96-878F-8DAD1AC3D6F0.jpeg

Some plugs don't connect to anything.

Okay, so I installed mine over the weekend. IF YOU HAVE NO SOUND...... plug in the grey wire marked with just Chinese characters into the top level, third port from the left in the truck's wiring harness. I'll try and find a pic for you. The sound worked for me instantly, albeit some static as well now.

Okay, so I installed mine over the weekend. IF YOU HAVE NO SOUND...... plug in the grey wire marked with just Chinese characters into the top level, third port from the left in the truck's wiring harness. I'll try and find a pic for you. The sound worked for me instantly, albeit some static as well now.
Please send pic so I know that I have correct harness

I still can't get the radio or the reverse camera to work. The settings keep resetting and the software is glitchy. I think I got a dud.

Thanks for starting this thread, @BigLittle. The other was definitely starting to meander away from the central purpose (and I had plenty to do with that).

For those who have questions about my install and experience to this point with the PX6 unit in an '06 LX, feel free to leave them here and I'll do my best to answer them or capture photos/video. I've also had plenty of time to assemble what I consider to be a "core" set of apps that improve the unit significantly from the factory setup.
Hey I have a 98 lx470 and they said if I installed this my AC wouldn't work. I want one bad there has to be some way around it

20191004_192004.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom