LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ZDash, there is a thread on swapping LX NAV panels with LC Non-Nav, which will allow these units to work. There is a ton of detail, wires are all mapped, just lots of soldering. I was going to swap to the LC Manual controls, and have all the stuff, which is nice becuase it supports this radio. I think i'll do the swap first and then order one of these. Search.

I finally got around to installing my tablet radio today (2006 LX470). For the record, I am NOT good with radio installs!! Give me a turbo kit or other engine mods and I can do it with my eyes closed but electronics is not my gig. =)
Anyway, Taking out the old radio was cake, no problem. Figuring out the aftermarket harness was a PITA. I am now at the point where the radio works (sounds good), my phone connects and works, but my HVAC is not working. I'll play around with it more and figure it all out. Oh, the plastic side panels were way too cheap (fake wood) looking for me so I had my body shop spray them piano black....looks much better now. Cheers!

1586199515364-vi.jpg

So the install is now complete and everything is working except for one small bit. For some reason my mic is not working. For those who have done successful installs, where did you plug your mic into? I plugged mine into the rear of the radio. Perhaps thats not the correct location?? I also tried a second mic thinking that the first was defective but no dice.

Thoughts??

So the install is now complete and everything is working except for one small bit. For some reason my mic is not working. For those who have done successful installs, where did you plug your mic into? I plugged mine into the rear of the radio. Perhaps thats not the correct location?? I also tried a second mic thinking that the first was defective but no dice.

Thoughts??
looks like you got wireless carplay going.. I haven't been able to get that to happen
did you pair with the "HU" bluetooth option?

Thoughts??
I elected not to use an external mic. The built-in mic on the front of the head unit does a good job, and people say I sound clear and echo-free.

So I’m assuming still no working option for 99 nakamichi non nav lx 470?

Trying to install the 99-02 Landcruiser Version right now. Anyone done this? Has anyone run across any forums with help on trouble shooting different things?

Currently, can get NO communication from the AC Amplifier to the Canbus deal. NONE of the AC controls have any detail in them, they are just hollow, and nothing does anything, can't even get the fan speed to pull up. Thoughts? I want to THINK that I'm missing a connection but I don't think it am.

Ok pulled the trigger on this today for my 2005 LC from phoenix automotive. I see I am going to have to tackle the backup camera and I ordered there universal backup camera as it was an extra $10. What’s the going best option for the camera? Also I keep seeing things about an amp. Are we talking a stereo amp or some other kind of amp to support the A/C? I was already planning some speaker/subwuffer upgrades so this might be a good time to get those done too.

Ok pulled the trigger on this today for my 2005 LC from phoenix automotive. I see I am going to have to tackle the backup camera and I ordered there universal backup camera as it was an extra $10. What’s the going best option for the camera? Also I keep seeing things about an amp. Are we talking a stereo amp or some other kind of amp to support the A/C? I was already planning some speaker/subwuffer upgrades so this might be a good time to get those done too.
I recommend watching reviews on YouTube so you can see the interface. The dash panels and integration of the tablet is nice. For the pre '03, you have to take the existing AC amplifier or controller out of the old control, and piggy back it to the new insert. Mine isn't working out, so I'm returning. Essentially no tech support. I think the newer models are more plug and play than the old. Bummed but it's too much $$ to be this much work for me.

Again, if mine were post 03, probably would stick it out.

R
So I’m assuming still no working option for 99 nakamichi non nav lx 470?

Rhino Radios has a pre '03 non-nav version of this now. So far everything ok, but my CDL isn't working, I'm working on troubleshooting it.

Got mine in a month or so ago. With everything going on haven't been driving enough to sort out the little issues, but it seems some others are having similar ones so I thought I'd mention what I have going on.

-HVAC works, though I didn't think to test the rear zone yet
-Sound works, though I'm having the same 'all speakers fed from front channels' issue('04LX ML). This is a bit more of an issue for me because I have some blown rear speakers and need to adjust the fade to get things to sound halfway decent at any significant volume.
-Rear camera doesn't turn on with reverse, it works when I go look for the app, but doesn't automatically select.
-Occasional fantom selections ie changing the radio station, going to next song
-A chime plays about a couple minutes after starting, no idea what that's meant to indicate
-Connecting to my phone mobile hotspot is a bit of a fuss, can take a while. Would be awesome if it could automatically connect

Overall, for something close to plug and play, I'm pretty happy with it. Any insight into the speaker channels or reverse camera thing would be very appreciated.

Also recommendations for good apps to install?

Got mine in a month or so ago. With everything going on haven't been driving enough to sort out the little issues, but it seems some others are having similar ones so I thought I'd mention what I have going on.

-HVAC works, though I didn't think to test the rear zone yet
-Sound works, though I'm having the same 'all speakers fed from front channels' issue('04LX ML). This is a bit more of an issue for me because I have some blown rear speakers and need to adjust the fade to get things to sound halfway decent at any significant volume.
-Rear camera doesn't turn on with reverse, it works when I go look for the app, but doesn't automatically select.
-Occasional fantom selections ie changing the radio station, going to next song
-A chime plays about a couple minutes after starting, no idea what that's meant to indicate
-Connecting to my phone mobile hotspot is a bit of a fuss, can take a while. Would be awesome if it could automatically connect

Overall, for something close to plug and play, I'm pretty happy with it. Any insight into the speaker channels or reverse camera thing would be very appreciated.

Also recommendations for good apps to install?
Verizon and others are selling the Hum device. I paid $80 for it and it's $10 per month to have Internet in my Cruiser all the time. It's a lot better than Tethering. It plugs in to the OBD2 port. I just tossed the Hands Free part. Drive Smarter With Connected Car Technology | Hum by Verizon

Verizon and others are selling the Hum device. I paid $80 for it and it's $10 per month to have Internet in my Cruiser all the time. It's a lot better than Tethering. It plugs in to the OBD2 port. I just tossed the Hands Free part. Drive Smarter With Connected Car Technology | Hum by Verizon

This is interesting and a really good deal frankly, my only worry is that the headunit will still be fussy about connecting to it on startup

This is interesting and a really good deal frankly, my only worry is that the headunit will still be fussy about connecting to it on startup
It stays online for 1 hour after the Engine is off so that if you run into the store/gas station or whatever, it stays connected. I have a Android V-Line in my 200 and it's never glitchy with the HUM.

Alright guys. After reading every page of this tread, I have to ask, which vendor do you guys prefer? Sounds like customer service is a mixed bag! Who has the best shipping time? TIA!

Rhino has zero cut service

Theres no customer service anywhere. buy the cheapest or best shipping option, then come here or the FB group 'Tesla style android headunits firmare' and use these two as knowledge bases.

There's a post here to use the existing camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom