Scheel-Mann Seat Install (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those are sweet.

I checked out the website, doesn’t look like they offer a tan color.

It would be nice if they had a closer color match for the doors, center console, & rear seats.

The seats with the hidden compartment underneath it is a cool option. It doesn’t show dimensions though. I wonder how much room there is...

Those do look super nice, makes me wonder if that should be my first upgrade.

Is replacing the 2nd row an option as well?...or even one step further, converting the 2nd row to captains just like the front?

Unfortunately they don't do any rear seats, but they do sell the fabric so you could have a good shop recover to match.. I plan on covering the center console and doing the doors as well to match..

Sorry for the late response, but I'd like the cheaper options of your install, the rear facing cup holder...LOL Where did you get it and what the price. I have one from a Honda Odyssey from a rear seat but your's looks better.

Those seats look amazing. But the price is crazy. Not saying not worth it but to me.. no way.

@Boltripper - give us a long term usage update on these seats. Any problems? Are they meeting expectations? Comfortable? Any buyers remorse?

Wow forget the lockers just buy these seats. When you get stuck you can wait for rescue in comfort.

@Boltripper - give us a long term usage update on these seats. Any problems? Are they meeting expectations? Comfortable? Any buyers remorse?

Absolutely perfect. No problems and they have met every expectation. Only remorse is dealing with my factory seats for so long. I'm going out West in August and will have a 15hr and 12hr day and then I'll know how my back holds up, but they have been amazing seats.

Best,

John-

Oh I didn't notice who's truck this was. I guess 3k is nothing for seats if you spend 70 on an engine swap..

I have a pair and have no regrets. I love them, esp since I daily drive my 80 / it's my only car

Oh I didn't notice who's truck this was. I guess 3k is nothing for seats if you spend 70 on an engine swap..
I stuff benjamins in my tires for runflat protection!

The seats look awesome! I am definitely considering as I am having difficulty getting comfortable in the factory power seat (L5/S1 microdiscectomy about 5 yrs ago). I see that the brackets have a tab for the factory seatbelt. Are there any other electrical hook ups/considerations for the driver side in 80 series? Airbag sensor? Pressure sensor for seatbelt? Thanks!

The seats look awesome! I am definitely considering as I am having difficulty getting comfortable in the factory power seat (L5/S1 microdiscectomy about 5 yrs ago). I see that the brackets have a tab for the factory seatbelt. Are there any other electrical hook ups/considerations for the driver side in 80 series? Airbag sensor? Pressure sensor for seatbelt? Thanks!

No airbag sensors and I didn't wire the seat belt light as I didn't want it anyway. I'm finally looking forward to a 3,000 mile round trip next week in these seats. They have been perfect for me and I would not hesitate to get them again.

John-

The seats are amazing. With as bad as my back is, its the only way for me to go. Colorado and back was a non-issue for me. Rested and no stiff or sore back each day.

Absolutely love them~

Best,

John

Why not Recaro?

Why not Recaro?

A few reasons. Color was one. Having the ability to have my buddy see the factory and look at the build process first hand was another. Finally, dealing with Toby at S-M was a great experience. Put that all together and there was no reason to go anywhere else.

Cheers,

J

Last edited:
Members,

I need some help with whole vehicle seat replacement. The front seats in my 1995 FJ 80 are in bad shape and they aren't even the original factory seats. The 2nd row seats are wearing and figured I would just as well replace them also. I spoke to an upholstery kit person, sent him photos of my current seats and he told me those aren't the OEM seats. So, I guess during the lineage of ownership of this vehicle by someone, that someone replaced the seats. Which then also means new covers won't fit my seats because I don't even know what seats I have.

I emailed the German company that was mentioned in this thread and haven't heard back yet. Figured its Covid related. Any other ideas? I don't mind welding and fitting, just need ideas for comfortable seats for overlanding?

Much appreciated.

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom