Scheel-Mann Seat Install (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice. Been eyeing these for a while. I have Spondolytis with two fractures in my L5 vertebrae that I've been dealing with for years. The price tag is a bit hard to swallow but the quality looks worth every penny. Everything I've read and heard about these seats is fantastic. Might be just the ticket for my back.

Yes - I blocked the one that won't accept anything buy a McDonald's kid meal cup ... lol..

But I have this:

IMG_0548_zpskemhtzal.jpg

Seats run around $1,450.00 each + Options

Arm rest $159
Slider $120
Planted Bracket $120

I think Toby would work out a multi-seat order discount.......

@Boltripper those are gorgeous. I got a pair from Toby that he was letting go, but my choices were black, black, or black. Envious of the combo you decided upon, those are sweet. Excellent seats overall, and Toby is patient and informative.

I had the same problem, my back and hip suffered a lot in the stock seats. I didn't know what to do, don't have fab capabilities and don't have a local pick and pull. The new seats did the trick.

Here's a pic of mine:

View attachment 1535381

Guys those seats look awesome and super comfortable :clap:

I wish I was not so cheap:(

$4,000.00 for 2 seats is steep. Comfy but steep. Lol

guess it will depends on your wallet and how much your back hurts .. ( steep to me too )

At least buying the driver's seat is easier to swallow for me as I don't care about my passenger! When I'm a passenger, the lower back is not as pissed off. My L5/S1 is jacked as well as DDD and fractured vertebrates so proper seat ergonomics is vital for me on long trips.

At least buying the driver's seat is easier to swallow for me as I don't care about my passenger! When I'm a passenger, the lower back is not as pissed off. My L5/S1 is jacked as well as DDD and fractured vertebrates so proper seat ergonomics is vital for me on long trips.

We have the same back,,,, L5/S1 and DDD with spinal process fracture. Good luck!

We have the same back,,,, L5/S1 and DDD with spinal process fracture. Good luck!

L4-L5 diskectomy here. It means I spend too much on orthopedic seating but it's worth it, esp for long drives

These are really sweet. Do they have 3rd generation 4runner seats? Going to call.him today

The seats are not vehicle specific... "Planted" makes seat adapter brackets for many vehicles, so you should be good to go.

This thread is making me curious about the value of a cherry pair (or entire set) of gray cloth seats. I've looked on ebay and a few dismantler sites, but no conclusive evidence. Maybe a grand? TIA for any input.

The cloth seats suck the foam the don't put in them sucks, I have sat, in several sets and the suck, I love my leather seats, and like the after market ones maybe I can get a prescription written and get insurance to pay for it:hillbilly:

$4,000.00 for 2 seats is steep. Comfy but steep. Lol
They can go higher than that, depending on situation and options...

Do you have a photo from above, showing console clearance with armrest up and down? Wondering if these would work with a Tuffy 013…

You're all right, 4000.00 for seats?! I could almost buy seven Lambo gas caps for that price! Imagine sitting on those! If I spread them out,
that's three on each side and one to rest my arm on.

Lamborghini Gas Cap - Diablo, Murci, Gallardo | 400201587A

For that price, you would think gasket would be included but states that it is not included.

Anyways...there is a small discussion going on now about these scheel-Mann seats in the 70 series as well. The pictures here in the 80 forum make them look much better though. Initially I wasn't really into the look of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom