Oil Level Gasket Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A simple one bannana fix-

Pic#1- I noticed the oil level sensor gasket was leaking. Not dripping but obviously seeping pretty well enough to cake up

Pic #2- Simply disconnect sensor wire (press tab on wire side of connector) and 4 10mm bolts
I started pulling off the old gasket w/ a flathead carefully. The gasket was brittle and hard.

Pic #3 - Here is a full view of the sensor assembly. Just carefully pull it out of the oil pan as the end float is delicate.
P1010001.jpg
P1010004.jpg
P1010005.jpg

Pic#4- New gasket is placed in. Got it from Cruiserdan of course! Flat side down (as seen in this picture) and beveled side of gasket up. It slots in easy.

Pic #5 -And simply pop it back in. I tightened the bolts opposing each other to get a even torque all around, not sure if necessary but I figure why not

Pic#6 - plug it back in.
P1010006.jpg
P1010008.jpg
P1010009.jpg

Great write up.Just took a look at mine and it seems to need the same treatment.Would you mind posting the part number for the gasket?:cheers:

Glad this popped up too. I wasn't aware that the sensor was removable with the pan on til this. Thanks! Almost 17 years later from the first posts!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom