Pedal Commander or other throttle controller thoughts? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same question. Has anyone tried it on the 2008-2015? I have a 2011 and the ECT PWR button has no effect on the throttle response unlike in the 2016+
The PWR button sharpens the throttle response significantly on my 2015 200 but I find myself driving in manual mode in the city just to keep the revs happy and 4th gear max seems about right.

Promo code has expired, I looked on eBay. Same price, be careful to NOT get the non BT (Blue Tooth) model. I searched for PC27 BT Land Cruiser and it came right up. Oklahoma collects sale tax on Amazon purchases, not eBay purchases.
Please explain the warning to stay away from the non-Bluetooth version, thanks.

Since first reading this thread, I’ve been on the fence about purchasing the Pedal Commander. I finally pulled the trigger, and install the PC27 BT yesterday on my 2016. My first impression is this thing kicks butt! I regret not doing it sooner.

My first impression is this thing kicks butt! I regret not doing it sooner.
Same here.

My second and third impressions: I don’t want to be without it.

This thing makes you appreciate how much the factory settings suck. Mine stays in “S” +3 now, I think. Easiest thing to adjust. Very intuitive, very pleasant.

I have it on my 16 Cruiser and my 16 Tacoma. The first mod I recommend, before anything. A real game changer.

And yes the sweet spot seems to be Sport +3.

It is weird that now a days we need to mod our cars to perform like a stock car.

Last edited:
Just purchased and installed the Pedal Commander on my '18. Wow. Night and day difference. Definitely more fun and responsive not to mention the ease of city driving. This should definitely be the first mod installed!

After searching in vain for others' meaningful feedback on how the PC27 affects the 08-15 LC200s, I ordered and installed it last week. After a week, I can say that my 08 LC200 with 120K miles has been driving so much better overall. The throttle response is greatly improved across the spectrum, and there seems to be more power at the tap even though the RPMs don't seem to change much.

I think it's worth the $249, and it's mod money well spent. I was using City+3 for a while then Sport+1 at the moment. And so I have a few more knots of fun remaining to explore.

Give it a try. You have free 30-day insurance for buyer's remorse. The throttle changes might impress you enough to keep it. I'm keeping mine.

After searching in vain for others' meaningful feedback on how the PC27 affects the 08-15 LC200s, I ordered and installed it last week. After a week, I can say that my 08 LC200 with 120K miles has been driving so much better overall. The throttle response is greatly improved across the spectrum, and there seems to be more power at the tap even though the RPMs don't seem to change much.

I think it's worth the $249, and it's mod money well spent. I was using City+3 for a while then Sport+1 at the moment. And so I have a few more knots of fun remaining to explore.

Give it a try. You have free 30-day insurance for buyer's remorse. The throttle changes might impress you enough to keep it. I'm keeping mine.

Wow that's an insanely good price. I paid $329, but even at that much higher price point it's still worth it.

Dang-nab-it... I just bought one since I saw that price on Amazon...

I like to think I convinced Matt to get his for his '16. Now that I have my '09, I want a little more response than ECT PWR gives so I'm hoping this gets me to where I want to be. I would also like the throttle control in 4Lo to be slightly more aggressive. While the dull response in 4Lo helps lessen the impact of bumpy terrain as it relates to the movement of your foot, I hate feeling like I need to floor it to get the response I want. Your review just put me over the edge!

Dang-nab-it... I just bought one since I saw that price on Amazon...

I like to think I convinced Matt to get his for his '16. Now that I have my '09, I want a little more response than ECT PWR gives so I'm hoping this gets me to where I want to be. I would also like the throttle control in 4Lo to be slightly more aggressive. While the dull response in 4Lo helps lessen the impact of bumpy terrain as it relates to the movement of your foot, I hate feeling like I need to floor it to get the response I want. Your review just put me over the edge!

You like to think a lot of things 🤣 What's this 200 you're talking about? I don't recall you announcing you had one?! :p

I wish I'd known about the Pedal Commander when I was test-driving 5th Gen 4Runners and GX460s. Seems like this would make a huge difference on that platform.

I wish I'd known about the Pedal Commander when I was test-driving 5th Gen 4Runners and GX460s. Seems like this would make a huge difference on that platform.
I have it on my 2016 GX too. Huge difference. Seems they turned down all the newer models. Probably to try to make drivers slower and get better mpg. Which is laughable on these trucks.

Has anyone try it in the ECO mode to see what mileage you can now get?

Has anyone try it in the ECO mode to see what mileage you can now get?

I cannot imagine anyone ever using the eco mode on the PC because it backs off the throttle response so much it would likely be dangerous to drive in the setting - like you'd be flooring it 90% of the time.

Got it ... It just a throttle position sensor adjuster.

I put one on the wife’s ‘16 LC and one on my ‘13 LC last week.

First installed one on the ‘13. Put it on and had to run out to pick up dinner before setting it. For some reason it defaulted to the Sport+ mode and it was like the Whiplash Commander. It was downright unpleasant. I later dialed it down to Sport 2+ and that seemed about right. On the ‘13 it’s beneficial for accelerating onto the highway and passing. Would not go so far as to say it’s more “fun,” because I was generally satisfied with the ‘13’s acceleration and I don’t drive that aggressively. Not sure if I’m keeping it yet.

For the ‘16 it’s like a component that Toyota forgot to put on at the factory. I installed it and drove on a hilly road with stop signs in the Sport 2+ mode. There was a significant improvement in acceleration from stops, up hill, on the flat, and basically all ranges. I then turned off the PC and drove back and likewise ran the LC through its paces. Without the PC it felt like a few cylinders were out or that I was accelerating an undepowered yacht.

It will be staying on the ‘16

Last edited:
This thread may have talked me into it, especially since the same model will work between my Sequoia and when I get the 200.

It is down to $214.98 at Amazon. I have added to my cart but have not pulled the trigger yet.

Installed the PC27 on a 2009. I'd echo the above comments about a 6 spd install. I can't stand anything above Sport +1; so far I'm keeping it on City -2 or -3. The best I can say is if you find yourself driving around with the PWR button on then perhaps you'll get some benefit from it. I could see if you have some heavy build, it can sorta trick your butt dyno into thinking you just re-geared in terms of initial acceleration.

Is it worth >$250? For me, on a pre '16, probably not. We'll see if I keep it.

At its current price of $215, I'd recommend buying if you're on the fence.

Ok broke down and bought on amazon for $214. If I don’t love it I’ll blame @mcgaskins for the false hype! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom