Builds LEXCRZR Build Log (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LRG_DSC02549.jpg
LRG_DSC02551.jpg
LRG_DSC02572.jpg
LRG_DSC02582.jpg
LRG_DSC02590.jpg

The AHC got stuck in lo mode halfway through the day. Time for a lift, not going to bother seeing what failed or an attempt to mend the system. I really wanted to wait a while before a lift and ride on AHC longer, but that’s how it goes.

Last edited:
Time for some more mods. Got a set of Trail Tailor recovery points in bare metal and some metaltech poor rock sliders when they went on sale. Another mod I planned on delaying, but the group by deal was hard to resist. Some close up pics of the sliders. They are beautiful! The only thing I would change on them is to flip the dimple die tread plates over so there’s some traction.
IMG_1033.jpg
IMG_1100.jpg
IMG_1095.jpg
IMG_1102.jpg
IMG_1106.jpg

Last edited:
decided to go with black on the sliders. Bought a cheap recovery strap from amazon.
IMG_1108.jpg
IMG_1115.jpg
IMG_1123.jpg
IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

Last edited:
Time for some new tires, the Michelin are great for the highway but I need some MEAT. 275 70 18 BFG KM3.
IMG_1169.jpg
IMG_1172.jpg
IMG_1191.jpg
before
And after
IMG_1197.jpg

Last edited:
Time for some new tires, the Michelin are great for the highway but I need some MEAT. 275 70 18 BFG KM3.
Let us know what you think about noise level and performance of those tires. I'm thinking about swapping to them from my KO2s in the spring.

Some actual after pics. Reminder, I’m stuck in lo AHC mode. The tire store tried to tell me they wouldn’t clear, they were wrong. Even at full lock and flexed they never scrubbed. Some yard crawling pics.

IMG_1201.jpg
IMG_1202.jpg
IMG_1204.jpg
IMG_1206.jpg
IMG_1208.jpg

Last edited:
Let us know what you think about noise level and performance of those tires. I'm thinking about swapping to them from my KO2s in the spring.
I’ve posted in the km3 threads and the other which tire should I buy thread I started.

The noise level is mud tire haha. It doesn’t bother me and I don’t have much to base a comparison off of with other mud terrains.

Some more yard crawling. I painted the recovery points orange and a finished the sliders. Had to go to the tire store a second time since they thought it was a good idea to add the eye sore of outside tire weights.

IMG_1225.jpg
IMG_1213.jpg
IMG_1227.jpg
IMG_1210.jpg
IMG_1211.jpg

Last edited:
Some measurements while stuck in lo mode. I wonder why I need these measurements....

IMG_1310.jpg
IMG_1311.jpg
IMG_1312.jpg
IMG_1313.jpg
IMG_1314.jpg

Last edited:
Thats right, time for a lift. I ordered the Slee OME 1.5" medium rear spring kit, with the SPC upper control arms and slee diff drop. Heres a couple in progress pictures. I decided i HAD to remove the AHC components. It was alot of work to get all of the old out but its all in the past now. I need a taller jack it seems. Time to start shopping for a tall bottle jack. Also while under the knife i finally fixed the front light bezel with some JB Weld haha.

IMG_1316.jpg
IMG_1328.jpg
IMG_1390.jpg
IMG_1372.jpg
IMG_1375.jpg

View of the trail tailor recovery points installed. Yard crawling test after the lifts in.
IMG_1412.jpg
IMG_1417.jpg
IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

All the leftover AHC parts. I've got it all if anyone needs anything reach out to me for a good deal. Found a pic of the parts i used for the lift, somehow skipped over it before.

IMG_1537.jpg
IMG_1538.jpg
IMG_1573.jpg
IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

Last edited:
That pic of it plunging into a river, that was purely for photo purposes wasn’t it? I mean why would anyone ever think it’s a good idea to ford in a river at such a high speed throwing water everywhere?

Adventure time. Borrowed my friends camper for the weekend to get a feel for the camping world. We are wanting something a little larger than this so a weekend in it should reveal somethings we like dislike. Had to install a new 7 way plug https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EP0G72/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 since i ripped mine off back on the trail at Choccolco. Also installed my trailer brake from my truck. I had to add this wire connection: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NZQIFM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 was an easy installation. Now i can transfer my brake controller between our two tow rigs. The lx did fine pulling the camper, i could tell it was back there for sure. When on the short section of interstate it was swaying to a fro, and i blame the single axle setup. The rear squatted down a decent amount since i have the medium springs. All to be expected.

IMG_1892.jpg

Campsite setup at Vogel State Park
IMG_1895.jpg

Went down Trey/Tray Mountain trail in north ga near Helen with my 3rd gen buddy.

IMG_1913.jpg
IMG_1920.jpg
IMG_1926.jpg

Some trail action pictures. Since the trail was mild and we didnt stay on trails all day i left the tires at highway pressures. Need to get onboard air for these situations, soon.

IMG_3865.jpg
IMG_3867.jpg
IMG_3868.jpg
IMG_3869.jpg
IMG_3870.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom