North GA Mountain Trail Ride (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you guys are willing for a SC guy to tag along, I’d love to make one of your trips sometime in the next few months. I’ve also been wanting to do a long weekend at Windrock. That place sounds amazing. It’s about a 4 hr trip from SC, so I’d like to leave Thur after work and come back Sunday.

If you guys are willing for a SC guy to tag along, I’d love to make one of your trips sometime in the next few months. I’ve also been wanting to do a long weekend at Windrock. That place sounds amazing. It’s about a 4 hr trip from SC, so I’d like to leave Thur after work and come back Sunday.

Sure man! Come and join us. The more the merrier. You will have a great time riding with us. Just keep checking this thread and we will have trail ride updates.

How about a possible trail ride on Saturday 1/19 or Sunday 1/20? Gives everybody time to get over the holidays and all that? Anyone game for a ride then?

I’m taking a group of vw’s on a trip next weekend (1/19-21) starting in Ellijay and meandering over to Clayton. Camping Saturday and Sunday night.

Going to scout a couple of potential campsites this Saturday.

I might venture out just to find this caravan of Westfalia's....

Come on! We've done this trip on MLK weekend for many years. The challenge this year is to find a place for 10 or so vans to camp with all the closed gates due to the shutdown.

I was out on mulkey gap road, sea creek, and Duncan ridge trail and all were open...I was surprised at how many gates were open...this was two weeks ago so they could have changed as either winter or shut down I've seen more gates closed when I was up near popcorn on Monday.

Yea I was up there Sunday but didn't make it that far East. Headed to check out Mulky, Soapstone and Andrews Cove Saturday.

What's it look like up there, trails open? Anyone still up for a Sunday ride?

Hey man I was about to post. Sure Sunday looks good for me. Anyone down? How about Prentice Cooper near Chattanooga or some areas that Pickle names?

There’s also trails off of nimblewill gap road and you can climb to the top of hawk mountain (nice rocky ledge). These are for sure open the rest you will need GA to call. Mulkey is open but I’m not sure about skeenah gap which would be good.
The cooper gap - nimblewill area has some cool Jeep trails off the main trail and there’s tons of fire roads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom