North GA Mountain Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For anyone not on the other thread- I'm going to be heading up to the mountains this weekend to run some trails tomorrow and camp in the truck on the River at Charlie's Creek trail. If anyone is interested, I'm planning on meeting others at the Wendy's in Cumming and caravanning up. 675 Buford Hwy, Cumming GA 30040 . Right next to cracker barrel. I'm thinking of Popcorn Road and Charlie's Creek trail, and I'll be ending my day at the end of Charlie's and hanging out with the dog for the evening. Anyone is welcome to join, I'll have beer and other adult indulgences at the site. Just need to remove myself from the city and cell signal for a night.

For anyone not on the other thread- I'm going to be heading up to the mountains this weekend to run some trails tomorrow and camp in the truck on the River at Charlie's Creek trail. If anyone is interested, I'm planning on meeting others at the Wendy's in Cumming and caravanning up. 675 Buford Hwy, Cumming GA 30040 . Right next to cracker barrel. I'm thinking of Popcorn Road and Charlie's Creek trail, and I'll be ending my day at the end of Charlie's and hanging out with the dog for the evening. Anyone is welcome to join, I'll have beer and other adult indulgences at the site. Just need to remove myself from the city and cell signal for a night.
Damn, wish I wasn't already going out of town this weekend. What is the other thread?

If this was next weekend I would let you be our tour guide. Wish I could join. Just got home from a very long trip. Let me know what campsite you do.

I'll take some pics of what I find. It's most likely a first come/first served thing, hopefully it's not taken already.

We had a blast! The site I picked is probably big enough for 2-3 trucks, provided everyone parks on some slopes off the flat section. Perfect amount of river noise to fall asleep to.

20190330_180211.jpg

20190330_163642.jpg

20190330_163623.jpg

Ben you bringing the 80?

Yea 80. Open to suggestions, it will be wet. Charlie’s and maybe Suches?

I have not done the Suches. Would be very interested in checking it out. Is it any more technical than Charlies?

Ya know I haven’t done it either. Don’t think it’s too bad.

Do you know how to get to a trail head? Or the coordinates for one? I see Flatlander Road coming up in the Googs.

Last edited:
Check out the top of Hawk Mountain. Fun drive up and you can play in the big field before the top.
34°39'40.7"N 84°08'27.2"W

Then on the roads around there you will find Jeep trails to test out the rigs.

I might be able to make it if the family is up for it after church.

Went through Popcorn and Charlie’s Creek yesterday. Charlie’s Creek was a lot of fun, we were able to cross the creek at the end of the road and follow an old road bed up the mountain for a bit. Old tank traps, tight trail, AND some free pinstriping. It gets tighter the further up you go. Pretty cool. It would Definitely be slick tomorrow after the rain in the forecast. If you go, I’d recommend a chainsaw in the group.

4831C6F6-5B35-475C-B873-D55D610A0FB2.png

Flatland is what I was thinking. Hawk Mountain looks cool, not sure if I’ve been there before or not. We could shoot for those two. Meet in Dahlonega around 11?

Let's do it. The chickfila is our usual meeting spot in Dahlonega. They'll be closed, open parking lot.

488 Morrison Moore Pkwy E, Dahlonega, GA 30533

Do you have a chainsaw perhaps?

I'd suggest flatland Rd first then come back down for Hawk Mountain. Curious is Flatland continues beyond the marked route all the way out to another road or if we'd have to turn around and run it backwards. NAV links

Shoot me a text sometime today. 757-348-7202

Last edited:
Report back on how the outing was boys. Sorry had to take care of home stuff so I didn’t get out.

It was great. Much more opportunity to stretch the trucks' legs than what I've seen yet. Good off camber spots, cool rocks to conquer. It was a fun one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom