North GA Mountain Trail Ride (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I cruised around with a train of VW's a good bit on Saturday. It was wet.... Saw a nice 100 out there and a few jeeps but otherwise it was quiet. Got turned around with closed gates (64 at Betty's Gap) a few times. Set up camp and the rain wouldn't stop so we broke down and went home.

That’s sad

I was out on mulkey gap road, sea creek, and Duncan ridge trail and all were open...I was surprised at how many gates were open...this was two weeks ago so they could have changed as either winter or shut down I've seen more gates closed when I was up near popcorn on Monday.
How about that Duncan Ridge Trail, @WickedPickle , my buddy and I were up there a couple weeks ago and the forest service roads were all closed. We were trying to make our way up to a cool abandoned fire tower we had heard about.

How funny WanderingWill! It just hit me. Well played sir. I was with you and even have a picture of your face when you saw the access road blocked...priceless. Welcome to the forum!

Not sure what you mean Wicked. My friend is from Denver, we were up looking for an abandoned tower near the GA/nC border. Roads were closed so we had to bail

Not sure what you mean Wicked. My friend is from Denver, we were up looking for an abandoned tower near the GA/nC border. Roads were closed so we had to bail
If your not my friend William then I can’t beleive you’re describing something that happened to me. We went to brawley and gates were closed.

Man, if I'd only deleted my browser history. OK, you figured me out JJ. Lets get back out there in that Pickle!!! Brawley Mountain this weekend!! FS 45 here we come!

I'm installing new lights so that has me occupied currently. If we go I'll let you know.

Ha! Nah it wasn't sad. Had a great time on the trails but we were camped on a ridge and it was dumping rain. Hanging out in vans with wet dogs from 4pm to sunup the next day would have been sad!
Ben I saw you bought a nice 80 from dannyboy. When we hit the trail you need to bring that beast. Let me know if you decide to sell. Triple locked from factory very nice.
Probably not making it out this weekend. @WanderinWill just bought a one owner 80 so he'll be joining the group as well.

Ben I saw you bought a nice 80 from dannyboy. When we hit the trail you need to bring that beast. Let me know if you decide to sell. Triple locked from factory very nice.
Probably not making it out this weekend. @WanderinWill just bought a one owner 80 so he'll be joining the group as well.

Yep big plans for that thing, stay tuned. It needs a front axle rebuild ASAP then it’ll be ready to rip.

@MongooseGA you have been awfully quiet. Drop a line and let us know you’re still vertical.

@MongooseGA you have been awfully quiet. Drop a line and let us know you’re still vertical.

Well crap, for some reason I haven't been seeing the notifications for this thread.

Yeah, I'm still vertical and the truck is ready to get out on trails. Bumper and winch and some lighting have been done recently, just need to have the brakes done this week and I'm ready to roll. Thanks for thinking of me!

It’s on like Donkey Kong. Just waiting on the hauler from Tx to bring that sweet ride home to her new Daddy. LETS GET READY TO RUUUUMMMMBBBLLLLEEEEE!!!!

In an effort to completely avoid the clusterf*ck that will be Atlanta this weekend...

Who's up for a jaunt somewhere this weekend?

Or will y'all be too busy watching that whatever game on Sunday? :rolleyes::p

We are taking the boys to ride their bikes around Yonah and then I’ll hit tray if we have time to test out my new springs. I installed on Thursday and removed the rear sway bar. I’m about 1.5” higher in the back then the front and need to decide if I like it or not. I can’t commit to anything bc the day is going to be fluid.

Man the city is going to be crazy

Tray was a lot of fun today and I love my new set up. We came up the hard trail and fun fun fun. Great day but I only saw jeeps and a raptor. No LCs.

The Ironman constant load 200 - 400kg. It’s the equivalent of a medium spring if memory serves me correctly. I’m 1.375 higher in the rear vs. the front. I think that’s about as supple as she can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom