What's is my 1963 FJ40 worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just trying figure out what I have. Any help or information is appreciated! 1963 Landcruiser, runs and drives! Original paint. I do have the rear doors, just not shown in the photos. Rust doesn't seem to bad. Just one hole in the rear cargo area. Floors are solid.

IMG_4688.JPG

IMG_4689.JPG

IMG_4690.JPG

IMG_4693.JPG

IMG_4700.JPG

Looks like a good, solid survivor there. Not enough detail or pics to give you a value opinion. It's worth a bit if your description is accurate.

What is your plan for it?

Hard to give good value info based on just a few scattered pictures like this. Early rigs are more desirable to some people, when they are mostly original.

Your early '63 (the leading '2' of the VIN indicates it was built in calendar year '62) does retain a lot of the early details, from what I can see here. The Oregon plate on the back indicates it was originally registered in Oregon in the month of July, probably July 1963.

I see a few details that have been changed, but nothing jumps out as irreplaceable. It is a hardtop, which is less rare than the factory soft tops (FST). But it does retain the early 'corrugated side' top, which is really good. And it (apparently) runs and drives, also good.

Value is a guess. Here in the PacNW, I'm going to say $4k at the low end, could be more based on condition, and originality inside.

About $1500 bucks on a good day.

For just the bezel. Crap that inside mirror is worth another several hundred.

Oregon fj is at the minimum estimate IMHO.

I need those seat frames. And the wiper arms. And doors. Lol.

Keep it. Fix whatever. Run it. And don’t paint it.

Last edited:
For just the bezel. Crap that inside mirror is worth another several hundred.

Oregon fj is at the minimum estimate IMHO.

I need those seat frames. And the wiper arms. Lol.

Keep it. Fix whatever. Run it. And don’t paint it.
I have a stamped bezel I’ll sell you for $1500. ;)

If it is original paint pretty sure the instrument cluster and window cranks wouldn’t be red. Guessing it’s been painted. Looks pretty complete. We can’t find them around here in that condition. I would think at least $5000 and could go up to $10,000 for the right buyer and time to wait it out. Is the frame solid?

This is an old rig, truly “early.” I’m not convinced we know proper paint schemes, they are all over the map.

@daniel.watters I wouldn’t pay $1500 for a bezel. I have a ‘63 FJ45, stamped bezel missing. Probably sitting on some late model (post-‘63) rig where it doesn’t belong. Or on someone’s shop wall. I paid $100 for a new non-stamped bezel. Not OEM for my ‘63, but sane. I’ve seen the insanity for this stuff. For someone working on these early rigs it’s exasperating, but not surprising.

If I was the OP, this would stay in my hands. Ilovemud2, good luck with this. I hope you keep it. Sorry for my rant.

Last edited:
When someone is asking for an opinion of what something is worth, we should be honest and not give false hope. This is no where close to being a 10,000.00 plus truck. A few months back a mud member couldn't get 4,500.00 out of his rust free red early 40. It wasn't running, however it looked straight and was all there.

If you want an honest opinion, we need to make a new mud rule. If you toss out a value figure you have to be willing to back it up by purchasing the truck for that number if seller choses to take your figure. I will start. My opinion is 4,000.00-4,500.00. Yes, I will pay cash. We will find out real fast what its worth

Last edited:
All this Guesswork is Monkey Business with out Comp's :idea:

DSCN7806.JPG
DSCN7807.JPG
DSCN7808.JPG

Rear wiper?!

its a Typo for Rear Heater

or at least thats what Mr. James sacks Told me when he gave me the papers when i bought his 1 owner truck back in Collage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom