Goodbye to a friend. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know the pain of loosing a long time pet. I rescued a two week old kitten that had been abandoned. Bottle feeding and the whole ten yards teaching her to be a cat. We failed miserably on the cat part. I don't think that Tabitha knew that she was a cat. Very loyal and loving feline that was always my constant shadow. Met me at the door when she heard me get home. Sixteen years of being apart of our family and having to say goodbye killed me. Same story, tumor in her bladder and left kidney. Held her while she was put to sleep. That was 4 months ago and when I look at her pics I still get a lump in my throat. I don't know where people get the bad opinion of cats. You spend time and show love to one and you also have a friend for life.

image.jpg

I know the pain of loosing a long time pet. I rescued a two week old kitten that had been abandoned. Bottle feeding and the whole ten yards teaching her to be a cat. We failed miserably on the cat part. I don't think that Tabitha knew that she was a cat. Very loyal and loving feline that was always my constant shadow. Met me at the door when she heard me get home. Sixteen years of being apart of our family and having to say goodbye killed me. Same story, tumor in her bladder and left kidney. Held her while she was put to sleep. That was 4 months ago and when I look at her pics I still get a lump in my throat. I don't know where people get the bad opinion of cats. You spend time and show love to one and you also have a friend for life.

Sorry to hear. People who have a bad opinion of cats have never bonded with one. Cat's personalities change completely when you gain their trust.

20130118_090036.jpg

We lost our precious Nala today. After 13 wonderful years, she got called to cross the rainbow bridge. House won't be the same and I hope you find a sunny spot to bask in while waiting for us to come join you.

View attachment 1679188

We lost our precious Nala today. After 13 wonderful years, she got called to cross the rainbow bridge. House won't be the same and I hope you find a sunny spot to bask in while waiting for us to come join you.
Very sorry for your loss. That's a beautiful sentiment.

A great dog deserves the best in life and in death. I had a boxer (Kobe) who was the absolute best dog I ever owned. He was such a good dog that my father offered to buy him from me. i couldn't sell my dog to my father, so I gave Kobe to him with the stipulation that he would have the best care available to him up until his death. My father lives on 22 acres and at the time I was living in an apartment, so while it was really hard on me ,it was in Kobe's best interest. Through the years Kobe was Dad's loyal and faithful companion and overall best dog around the place. One day, Dad called me just beside himself, saying that Kobe was gone and he couldn't find him. I could hear the apprehension in my father's voice about the possibility of Kobe being gone and never coming back. We searched for Kobe for a total of three days before I finally found him. A neighbor about a mile down the road had killed Kobe for no other reason than Kobe was running across the man's pasture. The man had no livestock in his pasture, he just didn't like the idea of a dog being in his pasture. I know this because he told me to my face what he did to Kobe. I then asked him what he did with Kobe's body. He told me that he had buried him behind his barn. I then told the man that I was going back to my Dad's house to get a shovel and that I was coming back to dig up my dog and take him back home where he belonged. The man didn't like that idea either and he threatened to call the sheriff's office, if I came back. I showed the man my badge and told him that he could call the sheriff, if he wanted but I wasn't going to leave my dog on his place. I went got the shovel and dug up Kobe and took him home. Dad and I then buried our super dog while crying like babies. I look back on the way that I handled the situation and in hindsight, I bullied my way onto the man's place. That was WRONG but I wasn't about to let Kobe stay buried on the place of the man who had killed him. Kobe deserved better than that! Kobe was let out of my Dad's fenced yard by the propane man. Dad was at work when Kobe was let out of the yard.
your a stronger man than I , pretty sure he would have died on his farm that day .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom