Columbia, SC Meet & Greet this Thursday, January 25th, at 1800 EST (6PM EST) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We are starting a Toyota Land Cruiser club in the Midlands of South Carolina (Columbia, SC and surrounding areas). Our aim is to establish ourselves as a TLCA chapter. Almost a dozen of us in the Columbia area have crossed paths a few times and mentioned that it would be nice if we could get together. We're finally making it happen. So, if you’re local (or even within driving distance) and own a Land Cruiser, or any Toyota with a selectable transfer case, let me know! If you know anyone else in our area, please, let them know! We appreciate it!

We welcome anyone from any other established Land Cruiser club to drop in and say "hey"!

Come join us this Thursday, January 25th, at 1800 EST (6PM EST) at Craft and Draft in Irmo, SC!

Address is 7583 St Andrews Rd, Irmo, SC 29063.

@fenwaykid ,I've been the only President of Low Country Land Cruisers. Its been tough to keep our group together over the years. We are having a meeting on February 24th at my place in Summerton.
I'll try to make the meeting Thursday, it's my regular dart night, but I can miss a night or 2.

We’re still together though as tough as it has been!! Thanks for your leadership, David!! It’s great to have a good group of people to hang out and wheel with in addition to all our other friends in the other clubs!!

How was the meet? Any pics?
The meet went well. We had 18 Land Cruiser owners attend, to include @dbenke

Quite a few drove their rigs. We had some 40's, 60's, 80's, a 100, and a 200. Others came in their every day drivers. We had half a dozen to a dozen who couldn't make it, but want to attend the next meeting and be involved. Overall, good showing.

Right now we are working on a name. We've had a few suggestions, some of which are geographically based and some of them more geographically inclusive. Given that we have folks from Aiken and surrounding counties, this will be interesting. I didn't think naming would be a hurdle, but here we are.

The location we picked is happy for us to hold meetings there, but we've also been offered use of the Military Vehicle Collectors of South Carolina clubhouse/shop area and another Land Cruiser owner has offered his home/shop as another potential meeting space.

There also seemed to be a good bit of interest in doing events towards the coast and not just in the mountains, so perhaps we can do joint events in the Low Country area.

Looking forward to the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom