200 series picture thread (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doubling down on the mattresses
email5470.jpg

Beautiful truck

What is horrendous thing on the front of the Ford truck ?

Any rear pic of your 200 with the doors closed ?

@ryanCA The ford has a "ranch hand" grille guard. I used to have one on my truck also- VERY popular in Texas. Mounts to the tow hooks and goes over/ in front of the stock bumper, leaving it intact. Can use to push round hay bales, nudge bumper gates, or move a wayward shopping cart out of the way.

Have these pics of the rear ARB with doors closed. Not a direct rear pic, but gives better idea of how it looks. LMK if you want more pics of the bumper setup

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

@kreiten, Are all the mattresses because you had to make room for the little one?

@kreiten, Are all the mattresses because you had to make room for the little one?
Kind of, we starting moving stuff around from bedroom to bedroom and then just decided to replace all the beds and set up a guest bedroom.

Thanks for the pics. LC is perfect beautiful

Didn't realize about the ranch hand thing
Makes sense

Just got back from a visit to Austin

TX is my favorite state
Been trying to move there for 17 years and hasn't happened

You have a ranch?!!!! Man that is amazing

That's my dream

Need a volunteer (laborer ) at the ranch ?

@ryanCA The ford has a "ranch hand" grille guard. I used to have one on my truck also- VERY popular in Texas. Mounts to the tow hooks and goes over/ in front of the stock bumper, leaving it intact. Can use to push round hay bales, nudge bumper gates, or move a wayward shopping cart out of the way.

Have these pics of the rear ARB with doors closed. Not a direct rear pic, but gives better idea of how it looks. LMK if you want more pics of the bumper setup

View attachment 1530617

View attachment 1530618

View attachment 1530619

Finally got a chance to use my Mavic Pro today in the Argentine Pass area. It's amazingly easy to use although I have to admit to watching a ridiculous number of Youtube tutorials before flying. I bought a spare battery, but I can already see the need for a third battery which is unfortunate considering they're about $85.

UIKEeshmfahccsEXbWmkUAyqgCxLW0HDJZHwHvXpeu-kKv08KvShLyOUjYx0w2n5OPXEc6U6pmvNII9yGrLCHmoOeYdJIyjmIbz_mOMKHW_dDKnA65gfhhmfFwKuzW0bxzYsRAvgvx8ZahTXdi0zSQXTLxfT_3kX_GbtZaAt8_9HjB0p4YuW_TsJAguQWA7XkWN1gzn97t9DwbviDRfE513u3evBXsWnSPLT2yd0arFCt0XPUao6uk5V2aH5h1saWoVtlncBqCfHXxLf9iwmJS9STRL21ErJvPHLTrh_on_DKwuLT-xX-9rDRvHM4Q_mswmvyHOYtbjg9P9quWhSZ8gxPTIZbXR6i-3pRSB6njgJ1Pfft93oaHAlJd8wlpR1Wlwl64JjPxBo0NrcudSIM6QgAW_RTYhicHxJMYsExHay1PLNkKQq0fsp72XnnMmhQZXUb7beruMhTzg7uqNZ4oRHWBEDAleU-ElRn3-I7aaWP0MUz5-ogjPWyhwEFBXEAM-ZSuX5J0lVQ87Dosjyk5Ioksk_qpoRE-9zcz0v-uPP2puR6LSGdvz1mAL12FKmzQpZthoCzqzuxveY_jtZj6y0VuTpW_ZOgBIfFNXXakMZARyNx9iatTjCHk7BWCZpO2FsQjGjJhhYLRCIPDTVvk8OjkqPYZlYmo1PL4PQSNfkzg=w879-h659-no

iPEqlgvsE4429Cz_XBceqknLboJaZAHJqQK-xVl1IkydldvaX2ifJWiyuzgYpNNklkLAGQJYy2XabO_Jl9PGnaUS69AA6caeih_D4E_4JYlttRqyLyHeVLV6CakmC47yRpuUCWQu05ZgKTd6WXoWPYbvLtrzlruEkYJAtijTZslEaz-awI7Qrsq8dl-0dXES_e9jbGMcD93mbKCFGwN_63--bUqWsQFVnyCPUOlDjssYbadMOfHwerA1sab6NFrE6-q5Y-aRovqu5gk67T1gjGfjH51WnSzg-mbE07the6ZpWJEsbC6SmW5k4K1EzpI1CMVTbF8jbydjkufwtPzDZfHgYlfutsauHf6f7K_VQqwgBoVwifri2jklBJZLZl-FrDg-iz5Er0Xo6gN1FsjxqxeqpaC72ZO5YbZZgfLjRZmGA4vJt0kZ7nNh2L9t_HCcFr5U10sbb4jBvw5eH3oG9vNYAAj7akpZQzexrhkV0SAilCEJteLHVFHU5Wgs-fQuNHtBqls-eJYMPPF8-4av7TumGeyekHFMKitouV52B-4EPtPPNjZF1uEJBlouRzv2lA7-HrCC4LFC06vflq53e9RI_8_wUkvlz_ntFEcaTeZOvCcdPDvfUxR2j-4ZbB_TaAwCOLYjdRNcSKEAZoOxItpXgCB8nRtiNIWVHRI48FJK4g=w879-h659-no

EgIJfbnUvVHDww6IUJxTACR10BzUNFl96v-samQjS3vq0WGfC7KFk9g9sjc0b7dJbbuYB3KZya82rGzIy4EZV1QlfgxVpHogCTq9Z33IQVV5ESTVUWRPX4YPxKPlXbzyahjwmP0J46EdEi6ZoIbRfWQAmc3GYiiaxTbWrIRD4FR6TxJUxCLY_abzWJ57Vv2Ct8Uccw4bvqiCUnhBqptPpg3ILvxirezbVKGqEmEhOAYxakHiliieZiYAB92U4xvyq8P1bwbTTCoNPHdw4_uRNvZ97EN3DWMCkM_sd4N2y5jFn_zTPCujcA3dN77UAbpXRAaVimq7rRQaa9bKHRsmkcj8vUl-67s1oAtBPczIn3yiCDvsNBQ2ALhHffiz6Bx6pyDNJc2nZ-22HyGpxTBjOYF0AGQsZlGdeHRxrl3YvYMy9Q1TrZCXVUoeHr9WHdOl6x9ve0kjhvNhsbRPq9FRuoU37Pp0ExWRW7GIDk3dwRURp1s69lJA8ykM1nIK_LhkgJ1MqhTcxotSiHU197gtshJfNzpM-frBqIL74GoAqfiTKl1-XVxP1tQ-khP65_K_egXVZDANgy2HG2nFnhdtkVp6lAUngGSa02FpK4c69zMRYXzzFhB5C0SESSc4ZpxkeWeBj9YQUMDxrakWFB5lTuJ-c6G0yJ-Gc9lI7usDOrHGxQ=w879-h659-no

And a poser shot while scouting a camp site for next weekend

dKY-gMzgpDFiiooXbU5KqjLC56tNwsEnLlxNP9aJxFfnY0iR4Tjx7RoKlhHUb59RUU6oZYHqK4EV34JZoS3ZQcEQX-9icdYv2F58kQ2J1fdj0xRmEvGfrHXIVfqTXsALX5as1FLJ-t9zIwDxqqbX9rTEl61OuZMEOalnoLMp-sc5S0wK0WolBa1cI2uADowxzx5x9REoom8sE7eWeqKIeG-3E_Js4lH8js_7E0aH7mQfkmS8nv5fCE53t8lBCtyyqx7sHcm7HVGlEoT4_QCfj3JebuSCA3FEg0FduAFS6zUBMg5Ce45JasIWHi6ia0Ucu06NZ0GOfDJy-DwDcv4TpkHGpCPHrPtpjmibPxYhyBNlhNFplWMQ2t1nZ1DBIGuGDAUnto1JSlvUH5fZppbKonVfiLNwYQY4IZtKogwG_89Cpky-zg1WM2J9GfkCG0ne-2A1kA4H5FR6qn2AGuGjGsi58yWvY9YcSVhiVVVe9MyM5qAWcBcxeEXrPBRvZqSyXm5dsptyKvj6cYM3N5hpySSQ9CndmyR0MCWp30gANZBOmY-g-aFPX7cxMFYG41xbhv1lBOcbzvIKXWGOegTO5vrdN0K_aXZ7yjvHenBPQvPL2ix_KivuvFxc-YJ6D-MReoewOvD45IqHOniRrn7NvlWWPgu5CWsfjhu82iQMrJUpbQ=w879-h659-no

Last edited:
Damn I need a drone, super cool @TonyP

I have spent a few hours over the past couple of days researching the DJI Mavic Pro. Thinking of maybe getting one for a trip coming up in a couple of weeks. My wife questioned this as she reminded me I used our GoPro maybe a half dozen times then gave up on it. I'd like to use it as a landscape photo platform but not sure I would be happy with the image quality after using 20+ pixel, full frame sensors for the past few years. It is still sitting in my Amazon cart. ;) And if I wait for the just announced Platinum model I won't have it in time for our trip. Eventually I'll probably go there. Just not sure if I should wait until the next gen. But I better stop as this is not a drone photography forum.

Thanks. I need to turn down the controller's gain so the turns aren't so quick and jerky like in the one sunset video.

Plus, I had several beers in me and crashed it into a rock since the collision avoidance doesn't work well in low light. No serious damage. Luckily I have spare props :)

20170904_122704.jpg

Ha ha! You're not supposed to drink and fly! Lucky you didn't drop it in the lake. Seriously, though, I love what you are able to do with a drone. I have a Fly More bundle sitting in my Amazon cart. I includes 2 extra batteries (@mcgaskins) and extra blades (@TonyP). And a set of PL/ND filters as I like using polarizing filters when doing landscapes. We'll see if I pull the trigger on this or not. The first place we are going on our upcoming trip (LC+trailer) is Rocky Mountain NP and I can't use the drone there. But after that it will be more aspen-hunting near Crested Butte/Gunnison and then on down to Ouray and beyond. My finger is hovering over the "1-Click Checkout" button. ;)

Ha ha! You're not supposed to drink and fly! Lucky you didn't drop it in the lake. Seriously, though, I love what you are able to do with a drone. I have a Fly More bundle sitting in my Amazon cart. I includes 2 extra batteries (@mcgaskins) and extra blades (@TonyP). And a set of PL/ND filters as I like using polarizing filters when doing landscapes. We'll see if I pull the trigger on this or not. The first place we are going on our upcoming trip (LC+trailer) is Rocky Mountain NP and I can't use the drone there. But after that it will be more aspen-hunting near Crested Butte/Gunnison and then on down to Ouray and beyond. My finger is hovering over the "1-Click Checkout" button. ;)

That's the package I bought but you'll want a couple more props. Three batteries is about perfect, you can pretty much continuously fly all day swapping and charging batteries with three. Aside from charging the controller, but you can hook up a battery pack to the controller while you're using it.

Def 3 batts minimum. I rotate through 5 with my work P4 and still have to wait at times! With 3 sometimes (especially this time of year) I'll have to wait on them to cool down before the intelligent battery will allow charging. :( Thinking I may need to start putting batteries in the fridge after I swap and relaunch LOL. Ambient temps will drop soon enough and in a few months I'll be worried about getting them warm enough!

Just got an email this AM about the Mavic Pro Platinum that has me thinking I need to unload one P4 and add one of those to the "fleet". Ideally I'd really like to hold out for DJI's next platforms which I hope would capture 4k at a little higher framerate. Their logic and controls are soooooo user friendly.

PS, I'm headed to InterDrone in Vegas Wed-Sat if anyone is around drop me a line.

Well, I cancelled my order on the Mavic. My primary use would be landscape photography (not video) and the camera quality is not there yet in the Mavic. At least not that I have seen. P4 Pro has a good enough camera but I don't want to lug it around in my backpack with my other camera gear. So I'll wait another year or two for a Mavic-size platform and a camera more like the P4P. I just haven't seen the still photo quality anywhere online to make me want to do the jump right now.

Well, I cancelled my order on the Mavic. My primary use would be landscape photography (not video) and the camera quality is not there yet in the Mavic. At least not that I have seen. P4 Pro has a good enough camera but I don't want to lug it around in my backpack with my other camera gear. So I'll wait another year or two for a Mavic-size platform and a camera more like the P4P. I just haven't seen the still photo quality anywhere online to make me want to do the jump right now.

While I haven't really seen the still photos at full quality...I have seen TonyP's files directly on his tablet or phone.

Re: Video-- Honestly, the YouTube versions do NOT do justice to the video quality the drone captures! Super smooth, high-res stuff that is rock solid.
I'm curious about still image quality too, but thought it was worth mentioning about video... Pretty impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom