turbocharger for 3B toyota engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want some more power in my '84 BJ42. I was thinking a turbo charger would be nice but I want to know what my options are and more information about it.

Who provides turbo chargers for this engine? How difficult is the install? If I wanted a shop to do it for me where will be a reputable place?

TIA.

Keith,

Do you have a post showing your kits, prices, basic specs etc? I didnt see anything, would be interested, honestly it comes down to price. Thanks

Jon

Samwise, Keith and I are in the process of building a website with all of the info. Should have a central place for you shortly...

Thanks! Look forward to it! sorry for the sorta hijack apdhillon.

Toyota 3b Turbo kit

Here is a couple pics. The kit includes a new Garrett GT series turbo, a new Toyota 13bt exhaust manifold(with studs and gaskets),stainless steel teflon lined braided pressure and drain lines w, all correct fittings for proper service. Silicon hoses w,SS t-bolts for crossover. Machined adapter w/ all gaskets and hardware for connecting turbo to manifold,etc. If your interested give me a shout. I designed, built, and offer this kit for the members but i have been contacted by a couple dealers in regards to supplying them as exclusive vendors.
09-10-08 107.jpg
09-10-08 163.jpg

Nice, that looks good!
So does this include everything needed for install? Thanks for posting, best wishes for the website!

Jon

Samwise, Keith and I are in the process of building a website with all of the info. Should have a central place for you shortly...

Im interested in some information. I just spent 3 days driving 10% grades in a semi loaded BJ60 and some extra power would make a huge difference. There were numerous times where I was wishing for a gear between 2nd and 3rd. Some extra power would make that situation a little easier. Im interested depending upon cost, etc...

Keith is the man with all of the kit. I am just helping him build the site. He and I worked a bunch on the kit with adjustment and tweaking and testing, but he has all of the sources lined up and machines the adapters.

We will post up something when the site is up.

K

Im interested in some information. I just spent 3 days driving 10% grades in a semi loaded BJ60 and some extra power would make a huge difference. There were numerous times where I was wishing for a gear between 2nd and 3rd. Some extra power would make that situation a little easier. Im interested depending upon cost, etc...

I used to wish for the same (+ a gear between 3rd and 4th) until I installed the turbo.
Now I've got the power to hold the gears. Typically find I'm a gear up from pre-turbo. e.g. Hills that required a shift to 3rd are done in 4th.

nice work Keith

any idea of what your website will be called once it goes up?
Some of us will be on the lookout. ...
would like more info. looks like your price is about $3000- 3500?

:cool:

Keith is the man with all of the kit. I am just helping him build the site. He and I worked a bunch on the kit with adjustment and tweaking and testing, but he has all of the sources lined up and machines the adapters.

We will post up something when the site is up.

K

Im heading up to Colorado and the elevation is making me think about the turbo kit seriously. The power, stock, is fine for around here but I know that mountain passes and elevation will probably create issues.

I would be very careful in Colorado with a non turbo diesel. Last time I went there as a kid I pulled some crazy pass that was over 10k feet. I was in 2nd gear in my sidekick before we reached the summit. And yes it was a sidekick, as disgusting as that sounds. I still have nightmares...
If you don't turbo it, at least chuck a pyro on. Your egts could get just a tad high.
g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom