Turbo project started (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today my turbo project started.

I am going to use gt35 turbo
turbonetics manifold
Tial WG
Ebay intercooler
photo+5.jpg

photo.jpg

Factory trans cooler moved for intercooler
photo+1.jpg

photo_001.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, you are in for some fun. I used the same style intercooler and replaced the factory cooler to make room for it.

any pics of the manifold?

good luck..............:cheers:

its alot of work.

however the payoff is significant to say the least.

Nice, but if I were you I'd rebuild 1FZ first then after you can add more power to it.

Replace those old plastic radiator.

The motor is new with a new head gasket, The radiator is new also. I will post more pics soon.

Mike

I'm curious if the Turbonetics manifold is similar to the one I picked up on Ebay for $300.00? This is what the Ebay manifold looks like with a Turbonetics 62-1 turbo and Tial wastegate.
Turbo Build 011.jpg
Turbo Build 012.jpg

I'm envious. I have one last detail to work out and I'll be joining in on the fun. Also curious what that manifold looks like. No need to wait for it to be mounted just take a few of it on the kitchen floor.

I'd think about protecting your hoses where they pass through the front grill. Either friction tape around the hoses themselves or some edge molding around the raw edge of those holes. Just my two cents. BTW that is where I routed my plumbing too and it has worked out for me. Best of luck. Looks good.

Thanks guys, I have been looking at all of the pics of everyone that has done the swap before. It makes the job alot easier. I should have it on the road next week. I am also putting on a WB02 to make sure everything is ok. I am also using landtank's MAF.

Mike

Awesome! I'll definitely do some watching with this thread! BTW, to echo the comments from MSG, put some edge molding around all those pass throughs there or you will saw some serious scratches into the hoses. :cheers:

The people who have done the turbo upgrade on their rigs should put a list of all the parts used and where to get them, sort of like an idiots guide. I want to join in on the fun too. I'm down to "put something on it" for all those that did all the leg work on finding all the parts. A parts list and a how to dvd would also be great.

Just my opinion.

The people who have done the turbo upgrade on their rigs should put a list of all the parts used and where to get them, sort of like an idiots guide. I want to join in on the fun too. I'm down to "put something on it" for all those that did all the leg work on finding all the parts. A parts list and a how to dvd would also be great.

Just my opinion.

x2 .....one day, given the resources and time, i'd like to do a turbo on my cruiser. This looks like a great project. Good luck!

The idea of a thread with parts list is great, especially for me. I live outside the US so any part I forget to include means waiting for 2 weeks. I've been thinking of making a turbo for over a year but the possibility of forgetting something and having my only vehicle parked for a few weeks scares me. I guess that I will start a new thread in order not to hijack this one.

Nice job Mike! I can't wait to drive it! :popcorn:

Out of curiosity where did you get the manifold from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom