"going dark"/"de-blinging" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can't remember if I posted the flicks on this topic (couldn't find my flicks in search), but some folks were talking about "going dark."----- PC stock wheels, tint, PC front bumper/light bar, painted rear bumper (custom), blasted and painted badges/grill, removed (and sealed) chrome around windows. will post more when I have time...
stealth60c copy.jpg

Did you paint the gutters or were they black under the chrome?

The plastic crap that holds on my chrome is getting brittle, will not replace, will ditch chrome when it falls off.

Looks good by-the-way

Looks great. I may follow your lead. Did you fill in the holes where the chrome strip goes alog the rockers?

Andrew

daddyo said:
Looks great. I may follow your lead. Did you fill in the holes where the chrome strip goes alog the rockers?

Andrew
i left mine open. figured closing them would require a patch, an a patch eith any problems = rust.
im going to black out my guter this sprng when i take off my rack to have mount two clamps on it.
i want to black out my crappy-looking chrome wheels, but understand that it probably wouldnt stay. would they?
hammer

Gutters are body colored underneath.

High Desert said:
Did you paint the gutters or were they black under the chrome?

The plastic crap that holds on my chrome is getting brittle, will not replace, will ditch chrome when it falls off.

Looks good by-the-way

hammer1 said:
i want to black out my crappy-looking chrome wheels, but understand that it probably wouldnt stay. would they?
hammer

Why wouldn't they stay black? The aftermarket wheels are powder coated so the stock ones powder coated black should last just as long. I'm going to have mine coated black soon.

high desert: gutters were body colored, so that was easy- take off the chrome pieces and go.
daddyo: like hammer, I left mine open, with the dark brown of the "tootsie roll" you cant really see them.
beaufort: I prob wil not do the locks, but will do the handles when I have time/$
dirty south: the P/C has stayed very well, a couple of good trips through lots of small stones/rocks and no chrome showing through.

I may also buy some of the chrome knock-off 62 mirrors and have them P/C ed too.

red cruiser said:
philos1 - what kind of dog you got there?
he's a cattle dog, three and a half years old both parents are standard blue, 9 pups, 5 red, 2 blue, 2 tri-----TMI?

Ahhh, his coloring is like my mutt which I've been told is part cattle dog. Here's mine - are her colors typical cattle dog makings?
kaita.jpg

yup. red cattle dog- are we gonna get busted by the chat police?

Hijacking your own thread!

for the rockers try getting some plastic plugs to snap in there. Napa may have them. Leaving it open will cause problems, You do not want moisture in there.

Also spray a whole bunch of LPS3 or other lube oil in there to slosh around. Rockers are bitch to rebuild.

Thanks philos, nice to confirm. [Hijack over]

Fine looking cruiser, I like the de-blinging. Doing a bit of it myself but red is kindof bling itself :D

I agree with brownbear, I used plastic plugs found at the hardware store and a rattle can. I think it looks fine and don't worry about water getting in there. Spraying with LPS3 is a good idea, hadn't thought of that before sealing mine.
rocker.jpg

great idea, and cheap too!

hammer1 said:
hammer

Call Les Schwabs. I'm not sure about chrome, but they'll sandblast and powdercoat rims in various colors. $22.50/wheel in black and $27.50/wheel in other colors. I just had two sets powdercoated by them......one in glossy black and the other in silver. Both look really good.

Gotta go dark. no snake blinders, black wheels, black grill....Bull Bar next for me.
dark.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom