Specter Off Road Heavy duty 3" Spring Kit Reviews (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone!

I am a new member and have tried finding feedback/ reviews of the SOR Heavy Duty 3" Spring Kit for the FJ60. I can't seem to find anything good OR bad written about it. Many people have discussed the OME kit from Outfitters and also the Mojave from MAF but nothing of SOR. Please help me with any feedback/reviews you have on that product good OR bad.

Thanks so much! :bang:

All I know is after talking to a sales person at Specter. They told me all the reasons why their springs are the best. I haven't found anyone who is actually running them, though.

I asked Mark at Mark's Off Road- since he is in Cali, I thought he might be familiar with them. He was not.

I am interested in getting their 2 inch comfort lift and using my stock shackles- at this point, it's the closest to stock height aftermarket suspension I can find.

thanks for the input. If i do end up going with them in January i will give my FB.

Just curious- why are you looking at the Specter springs vs. others?
Have you seen their sale info for December?

No I haven't seen the sale info. I have purchased other items from them and have been happy with the service and quality. Also the price is reasonable with the $50 membership. It's $1320 for the 3" heavy duty lift kit. My initial thought was to go with Specter because it seems like they stand behind what they make and use it on their own rigs. I was just surprised to not find any mention of them in the forums.

I am interested in getting their 2 inch comfort lift and using my stock shackles- at this point, it's the closest to stock height aftermarket suspension I can find.

it on my 87/60:):steer:
DSCN0470.jpg

My truck had SOR Heavy duty 3" installed by previous owner. with the pro comp shocks. Been on there quite a while and I've driven it for the last 2-3 years. Overall I am happy with the ride and quality .Ride is certainly firm but not bad, never rode in a stock or OME ride for comparison sake. I have bullbar and fabbed rear bumper and full roofrack. No lean or sag in springs to date. No abnormal noises or behaviors. I will be replacing the shocks before too long, Thinking of trying OME shocks this time around. Overall I'd say a good setup.

Good to hear on both counts. Thanks for the feedback!

Just picked up the 2 inch comfort ride springs from Specter. Got the 20% discount ( had to renew my membership) I will be installing them next week. going with the stock shackles and the procomp shocks that the kit comes with. I will let you know how it goes.

Mine are on the way. I'm going with new bushings, stock shackles, 2" Comfort Ride Springs, and will probably end up buying Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sport shocks. I've also considered getting Bilsteins, but don't know which ones would fit with a 2" lift.

so.... I just finished installing the 2" comfort lift kit that came with new U bolts, polyurethane bushings, and procomp shocks. The whole process took me a whopping 15 hours to complete. It shouldn't have taken nearly that long but i had major issues with the getting the axel housing to seat on the spring pins for the front end. I was working until 11pm last night determined to finish it. It was my first time doing leaf springs so i may have been making some rookie mistakes that caused the fit to be a nightmare. I was VERY relieved to finally get it back together and on the road for a midnight test drive. It looks WAY better now ( the rear raised 3" from the worn out stock springs.... measured at the wheel well.) The front end seems to be sitting higher still. This may be OK if i decide to add a heavy duty front bumper and mount my Hi Lift there. She seems to handle the turns better without any rolling feeling. I also do feel the road more ( stiffer than stock was) It is pulling to the right a little so I need to take it in for an alignment but overall i am happy so far. I also need to trim down the U bolts because they stick way down (guessing it is long to accomodate bigger lifts) I will post any updates if anything wierd happens or if i have any complaints.

Minor update on my 3" HD set up. Added 95lbs of winch and my truck rides even better. The more weight/ the better so far. as expected I guess though. Happy to see you got you install finished

so.... I just finished installing the 2" comfort lift kit that came with new U bolts, polyurethane bushings, and procomp shocks. The whole process took me a whopping 15 hours to complete. It shouldn't have taken nearly that long but i had major issues with the getting the axel housing to seat on the spring pins for the front end. I was working until 11pm last night determined to finish it. It was my first time doing leaf springs so i may have been making some rookie mistakes that caused the fit to be a nightmare. I was VERY relieved to finally get it back together and on the road for a midnight test drive. It looks WAY better now ( the rear raised 3" from the worn out stock springs.... measured at the wheel well.) The front end seems to be sitting higher still. This may be OK if i decide to add a heavy duty front bumper and mount my Hi Lift there. She seems to handle the turns better without any rolling feeling. I also do feel the road more ( stiffer than stock was) It is pulling to the right a little so I need to take it in for an alignment but overall i am happy so far. I also need to trim down the U bolts because they stick way down (guessing it is long to accomodate bigger lifts) I will post any updates if anything wierd happens or if i have any complaints.

Do you have before and after pictures?

I'm replacing my SOR lift on my FJ62 as funds and time become available. This is due to sagging on the passenger front and drivers rear over five years of use. IMHO, the Old Man Emu is the way to go. I've replaced the rear springs with the OME heavy and they are awesome!

Good to see you got it done Hippy, just as a note, go and flex the springs, break them in, make them bend and work, give it a week to settle before you get the alignment done. As the spring pack settles, this will throw out the alignment if you do it too early.

working on getting some pics loaded up. Thanks for the advice on working the springs before an alignment. I have noticed that the slop in the steering has lessened and it feels tighter overall. Taking the turns nice and solid now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom