how does the choke hook up to the carb? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi all. the previous owner of my 83 fj60 had disconnected the choke from the carb for what ever reason, i'm tryng to reconnect it but i can't figure out how it hooks back on. could someone please post a pic of how it connects. thanks!

I found that picture above, too, with a search. Here's another one of mine. The view is the side of the carburetor facing the firewall. Please ignore the red and yellow arrows. The barrel on the choke cable fits into the hole circled in green. The end of the housing is secured in the clamp using the screw indicated by the green arrow. The cable approximately follows the path of the green line. You will need slack in the cable to get the barrel into the hole. I gently bend the barrel almost back onto the cable to get the barrel into the hole and the cable through the slot. This is easiest done with the coke knob pushed in and the housing not clamped. After the barrel is secured, then you clamp the end of the housing using the screw.

edit: modified picture to indicate that cable goes behind accelerator pump linkage and choke opener lever.
carburetor back side view.JPG

Last edited:
Video Too!

I found that picture above, too, with a search. Here's another one of mine. The view is the side of the carburetor facing the firewall. Please ignore the red and yellow arrows. The barrel on the choke cable fits into the hole circled in green. The end of the housing is secured in the clamp using the screw indicated by the green arrow. The cable approximately follows the path of the green line. You will need slack in the cable to get the barrel into the hole. I gently bend the barrel almost back onto the cable to get the barrel into the hole and the cable through the slot. This is easiest done with the coke knob pushed in and the housing not clamped. After the barrel is secured, then you clamp the end of the housing using the screw.

Post #14 has a video attached to see how it is similiar to installing a brake cable on a bike. 2mbb describes thoroughly what couldn't.

awesome!! thanks guys. i guess i didn't use the right keywords to search, i couldn't find anything that showed me exactly where to put the cable like the pic above. this site is a godsend to a nube like me!!

I replaced my choke cable once all you have to do is take the air filter housing off and it hooks right on. Just tighten down the clamp that holds those cable hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom