Choke Cable replacement for '82 FJ60? (PRE 10/1982, when they switched to the choke cable with electrical connection) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fred

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a venerable '82 FJ60, but the choke cable has gotten very sticky.

The only replacements I see on the market are the ones for FJ60s from 10/82 onwards, which have the connection for something electrical. Not sure whether the electrical component is for the knob to light up (to remind you that you still have the damned choke out...), or light something up in the instruments. Pretty sure that it does not feed any signal to anything that has any impact on the carb or ignition system.

Is there any acceptable aftermarket/third party replacement or substitution that works, or should I just pull it out and clean and rebuild it?

Seems like a simple enough object that almost any choke cable SHOULD work.

The only replacements I see on the market are the ones for FJ60s from 10/82 onwards, which have the connection for something electrical. Not sure whether the electrical component is for the knob to light up (to remind you that you still have the damned choke out...), or light something up in the instruments. Pretty sure that it does not feed any signal to anything that has any impact on the carb or ignition system.

Is there any acceptable aftermarket/third party replacement or substitution that works, or should I just pull it out and clean and rebuild it?

I replaced mine that was broken at the dash and flopped about needing two hands to operate it. I believe after doing the install all the power plug on it does is activate the switch inside the choke to turn the dash light on.

NO ! 🔊

there is NOT a acceptable aftermarket solution here , so let's forget all about the " A " word please :rolleyes:

below is the GEAR you will need , to perform a " ONLY 2-cold-beer's-time-table " install , Eazy Peezy ...:idea:

- pick out your SKUNK-WORKS Flavor of the 2 KNOB choices below , then PM me , for the 411 on making this set up the last set-up you'll ever have to lose the Sands of TEq Time sleep over on Silly Thoughts , like Aftermarket parts on your FJ60 ever again ...:cool:

- choose wisely here on this whole 8/80-9/82 silly YAMAHA Wave Runner plastic crap shoot cable that toyota stuttered a bit on before finally making manifest ....and you will be OK :D :popcorn::beer::beer::beer:

lastly : Make sure PLEASE you CLICK ON the Speaker ICON lower RH corner , and adjust UP volume , because what i have to discuss and say in the 2 different CHOKE CABLE related TECH. Reel / Video short tutorial , everybody needs to brush up on once in a while , and it does matter ,,,,,,,,
thanks
matt ....:)

'

-

1688118754732.png

1688118781416.png

1688118959914.png

1688118861290.png

1688118874408.png

1688118997593.png

1688118823985.png

1688119042044.png

1688118912534.png

1688119021519.png

Last edited:

this will NOT apply to you , but it is nevertheless SOLID TECH. to have under your belt , just in-case somebody asks you one day , you can help them find their way home , to where only things like this OEM FJ60 BLISS matter , and nothing else matters at all ......:idea:

@CruiserTrash

I have one available if youre looking used out of my '82

this will NOT apply to you , but it is nevertheless SOLID TECH. to have under your belt , just in-case somebody asks you one day , you can help them find their way home , to where only things like this OEM FJ60 BLISS matter , and nothing else matters at all ......:idea:

@CruiserTrash

I still use that choke knob that @ToyotaMatt posted, and it puts a smile on my face every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom