Military 9.00x16 tires...new look (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Mounted on steel rims: 4runner 1997 spare rims 16x7, BS 4.75 but how i have spacers already 1.5'' was an easy fit. Just mounted today around 500 pm,so i have to trail test, easy on the road,no power steering yet on my 40 but it feels smooth. Will post better pictures later.
P1060044.jpg
P1060042.jpg
P1060046.jpg

where did you find all the 4runner spare rims, looks sweet

sweet looking! Good idea on the rims

I would be curious how they do on wet pavement sideways when you take into consideration the tread design and the hard rubber but I suppose who cares since it isnt a race car, probably isnt welded rearend. All the stuff I listed is opinion or assumption but one thing should be foresure they look good.

Looks great, by the way I am loving the 80 fj40 you sold me. Have not gotten any work done on it, scattered over my garage still, but just loving the fact I own an fj40 again.

Thanks you guys for read here,well on wet roads have to be careful,they are made for take out the army Heeps and big trucks out on different s situations, for me its not my first time using those tires and i know all the facts that people said..and it's my DD to work cos is just 3 miles from home lol....Cjgoode hope you enjoy your 40 with the kids keep us posted.

Thanks Johmbie..i still remember when i used in Puerto Rico those tires on our coffee farm and down there with all the curve and hills that s was a learning experience but always have to be careful even on any tire and now i drive like a grandpa ...on the slow lane.;p

Eshu- Are you running tubes? The set of those I had were not tubeless.

Johnny- you know where to find some 9x16 XL or XZL's? Trying to find a set for street tires for my 40.

Eshu- Are you running tubes? The set of those I had were not tubeless.

Johnny- you know where to find some 9x16 XL or XZL's? Trying to find a set for street tires for my 40.

Ditto.

I gave up looking (for my Series 88" Rover) and went with a set of South African made Good Year 9.00 x 16 military tires. Damn nice - and a bit more of an all around tire, but a pain to source.

I still have 3 decent Michelin XCL's - again a more all around tire. Couldn't find anymore and finally got it from Michelin that they were discontinued.

Looked and looked for a set of 9.00 x 16 XL's or XZL's but could never find a set here stateside (notice the XZL in the pic is behind a Defender - is it stateside or Europe?). Closest I came to seeing any new was a pair of 7.50 x 16 on a military trailer than Lance from IPOR had - said he was importing them, but stopped (this was last year at GSMTR).

Freaking nice tires - sad we can't get them here...

Oh yeah - Eshu - looks good. Hope to see them if you ever join us wheeling in Ocala.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom