Zen and the art of hand-quilted draperies.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yikes , almost 2 months since my last visit !!

Miss you guys !

As Rick hinted , my wife and I have parted ways ..... so if I was poor before , I'm poorer yet . And so any ideas about moding the 80 have pretty well fallen away . I'm happy just to eat sometimes *L*

Moved into a new condo ... had to buy the gynormous HDTV on credit , but do you think I have a lick of furniture yet ?? Naww , just two book cases ..... no bed , no table *shakin head* Well I had an inflatable bed , but it started to seperate at the oval impressions , and finally became one big tumour ! Next a friend lent me a queen-size inflatable mattress , and the other nite my cat decided to attack it and as I slowly sunk into the cold , hard++ floor I seem to remember sobbing before passing out . Waking I felt like a combination of something out of the exorcist and some over the hill prize fighter .. *uggh*

Today anotyher co-worker gave me a futon bed , so if I don't spontaneously combust in it whilst I sleep over the next week , then I may just be back around to visit awhile . Of course I haaaave to be here to see Junks 'flamer' pics .

Cheers ,

Tyler

PS : I have to laugh ... my poser 80 barely makes it into the underground garage here . I had to permanently lower my radio antenna , as well as invert my cell antenna . And still if I exceed 4 mph , I rip off the fire-retardant crap on the beams !

I second -H-,

Welcome home. :beer:

i agree, wasnt the same around here without you
get some sleep and some pics of the curtains

Hey Tyler! Again, good to see you back - we all missed you :D

A condo! You are lucky to live in a condo! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, half the floor was missing, and we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of falling.

All right - that's Monty Python... Here it is in its entirety - good stuff.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye, very passable, that, very passable bit of risotto.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
Nothing like a good glass of Château de Chasselas, eh, Josiah?

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
You're right there, Obadiah.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Who'd have thought thirty year ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Château de Chasselas, eh?
F
IRST YORKSHIREMAN:
In them days we was glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
A cup o' cold tea.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Without milk or sugar.

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Or tea.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
In a cracked cup, an' all.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Oh, we never had a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
The best we could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Because we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness, son".

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye, 'e was right.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye, 'e was.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
I was happier then and I had nothin'. We used to live in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
House! You were lucky to live in a house! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling.

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Eh, you were lucky to have a room! We used to have to live in t' corridor!

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Oh, we used to dream of livin' in a corridor! Would ha' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woke up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House? Huh.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Well, when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
We were evicted from our 'ole in the ground; we 'ad to go and live in a lake.

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Cardboard box?

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

ALL:
They won't!

Jim,

:G

Like they say in Texas, the first liar doesn't stand a chance.

Tyler,
Welcome back.
:wave:
We'll try to be sure you forget about your troubles while you're here.

-B-

... had to buy the gynormous HDTV on credit , but do you think I have a lick of furniture yet ?? Naww

Glad to see you have your priorities strait...
At least you got to keep the Cruiser.

Welcome back...

Tyler:

Welcome back my man!

Jim: Thanks for that - I love MP. The part I always remember is 'our dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt....LLLL UUUU XXXXUUUUURRRRYYYYYYYYYYY!

Cheers, Hugh

:wave: :beer: :beer: :beer:

*grinnin from ear to ear ...* Damn good to be back with such a sweet bunch of folks !!

Thanx for the kind words and MP humour *S* .

H , get the TV ! Best purchase since the cruiser ... 51G500 Hitachi .. sweeeeet ! Of course I had to run the pc thru it via DVI . Imagine a 4 foot wide pc digital monitor !!

As for priorities , I came insanely close to selling it ( the 80 )off to increase cashflow . FInally caught myself at the edge ... pulled back , gave my head a shake and stood firm ; determined to weather the storm for now . Everytime I glance at my 80 I smile .. thankful that I didn't make the mistake of a lifetime ...

Tyler

Oh , btw , I slept like a baby this afternoon before my evening shift ... unbelieveable what a good bed can mean to life !! :cat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom