Your thoughts on this deal. '86 FJ60. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Check this deal out on ebay please.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2438512733

I live around a 100 miles from the TLC's location, so picking it up wouldn't be a problem. Just your thoughts please, never really purchased anything on ebay except for a cd or two. Anyone have ebay automotive purchasing experience?

Also, (LC newb here), the FJ 60 and 62, what are some of the major differences, besides the obvious headlights. Would you choose one over the other for power, reliability, longevity, quality? Please reply, for I have no idea.

Also this truck would not be used by me for any serious offroading of any sort maybe a few rugged trail rides, and for family purposes and such, just fyi.

Thanx. ;)

That's not a factory uignition key. Pass this one up. Don't waste your money.
In fact, I'll do you the service of buying it myself. Just so you don't get stuck with this thing.
Seriously, if I had the money, you and I would be in a bidding war on this.
Good luck.
As for the 60 vs 62...
In the US, there were 3 major differences, and a few minor ones.
60 = 2F, carbureted. 62 = 3F-E fuel injected.
60 = H42 4spd manual. 62 = Automatic.
60 = 3.80:1 R&P. 62 = 4.11:1 R&P. (I think I have those right.)

60 = single, round headlights. 62 = double, square headlights.
Also, the 62 was available with power locks and windows. Mirrors, too, IIRC. But don't quote me on that one.
Otherwise, they're the same vehicle. I'd rather have a hybred of the 2. 60 with 3F-E and 4.11:1 gears.

60 diff is 3.7. Also got 3 point belts in rear of late model 62s. I would probably get a fj62 at this point, for the amenities. Swap in a manual when if the auto dies.

I would say 5kish is a good fair price for it, if no rust and good mechanical shape, 86 is a good year for fj60. If I were planing on bidding I would drive the 100 miles to check it out 1st.

the guys above got the diff pretty much right.

I love my 86 fj60 :)

Looks like a nice 60. Here in California, that truck would sell for $7,000 to $8,000. Under $7k, it's a deal.

Check it out in person, have a pre-buy inspection done, get a smog certificate with it.

Mike S

Looks like a clean truck. The seats have all been reupholstered along the way. If you have a dog that travels with you, that could be a good thing, vinyl in the back would clean up easy. I'm partial to my tuff duck covers...

157K isn't anything to worry about if it has been maintained, have it checked out by someone who knows, and isn't attached to the idea of getting a new truck. Sometimes the excitement makes me overlook the small stuff which haunts me later.. Even so, I had 287k before I realized I overlooked to much and rebuilt the motor.

I'm on the west coast but, I assume Florida means less chance of frame rot.

Good Luck! I love my 87 FJ60..

nice avatar :slap:

Just make sure you have extra time to go to the beach!!!! I had a LOT of fun times in the Destin area during collage. You should ask for some additional picks of the underside and of engine bay. Also ask why the seats were recovered and about the carpet in rear. Otherwise looks like a nice clean 60.

i would be a little concerded about the pics being dark and slightly fuzzy. but with you only being 100 mls away makes an inspecition(sp) easy. looks like it might need a radator. i like the color.
don't jump in to it though. throughly look it over
i looked for a local 60 for yrs(there just were'nt many for sale). i bought the first one i found. knowing i could fix any preoblems that might arise and(not suprisingly) it's turned into a project(frame rust and general tlc). i don't really mind too much though, 60's are pretty cool. and about just about as hard to find.

Well, I really appriciate your replies, thanx for taking the time. I even learned a thing or two!

Personally I like the look of the 60's to the 62's, could be the headlights, because everything else to me looks the same, of course I've never really been close enough to the two to make any close inspections.

The sad thing for me is, at the time I can't afford to purchase the LC and really no time to go check it out, I'm packing and moving into a new home all this week, so that takes up the time for the 5 day bidding period. So, the facts, it will be gone before I could come close to owning it, and there will be others.

The outcome= knowledge gained, no loss. (a man can dream!)

Thanx again gals/guys. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom