YAGMTBIIQ! (Yet Another GM TBI Ignorant Question) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, I have been chasing Gremlins (demons, not the cars) in my GM TBI converson on my 2F for about 4 years now - on and off of course. Today I dropped in another TBI unit to see if that would help. The cruiser started and idled just fine - finally! But then my brother noticed that the high pressure line had a leak. We cut the engine and I tightened the hose clamp that had loosened during the TBI install and let the gas evaporate - I was ready to go for a drive! BUT, now that the fuel leak was fixed I had the same lousy/non idle that I've been fighting for so long.

Sooooo, here is the latest ignorant question of the day. There are two fuel fitting on the 4.3 TBI. One has a larger fitting and takes a larger pipe, the other is obviously smaller. I've never had any instructions and have never owned a GM TBI vehicle, so I assumed that the larger line/fitting is the intake and the smaller line is the return. Now I am second guessing that decision. Anyone know for sure???

TIA

Big fitting is in, small is out.

Sounds like your pump is putting out too much presure causing more fuel to enter the intake with each pulse of the injectors and flooding the engine.

fuel pressure regulator? Are your injectors for a 4.3 or a 5.7? Do they have a nice aspiration pattern?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom