xrock....Where is the DUCK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's in my RV parking spot in the side yard and Heck no we didn't make the date.

3 days before we were supposed to open up in October, the city council MADE UP a law that would keep us from running the Duck. (do a google search on Brian Hauser DUKW and you'll find quite a few stories covering it)

basically, it boils down to city council acting on behalf of 3 people who showed up and said we would kill off the wildllife- even though the Lakes Director was behind us.

SO... The DUKW is being shipped back down to Phoenix next week and we'll be operating on lake Pleasant starting in February.

All's well that ends well I guess. maybe it's a blessing. There's millions more people in Phoenix as opposed to Prescott.

here's some pics

47b6cf36b3127cce8e8eda65120a00000015100CatmjJu4Zsd

47b6cf36b3127cce8e8ed8f593ab00000016100CatmjJu4Zsd

47b6cf36b3127cce8e8ed9ca523c00000016100CatmjJu4Zsd

Wow!
What happened to Prescott being gung-ho about the tours?
Have you gotten to test its seaworthyness yet?

The greenies have the direct ear of the council members. 3 people out of the whole city cried that I would kill the wildlife, run into the dam and othe misc crazy things.

What Duck can't get out of the way of something that only travels 5mph on water??

The dam is 2 miles away from where we were going to be, so that wasn't going to happen either.

So, the city council made an emergency law that I had to have a contract to be on the lake. They got a lot of slack from the newspaper and community for quickly making a law to stop a small business from operating, but taking months to do all of the other "important" items.

The community, the Chamber of commerce and even the Lake Director were behind us and quite upset when the council pulled that crap.

Still haven't put it in the water yet. Once it gets to Lake Pleasant, the marina shop is going to test the bilge pumps and then we'll test it while hooked up to the fire rescue boat they have.

That way, if there's any problems, they can tow us to shallow water to drive out.

After that first test, I'll feel a lot better and test it out more by ourselves. I'll let you know so you can come out for some free test rides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom