Events/Trails Xmas Tree Run - Jemez December 14th 9 am Walatowa Visitor Center (1 Viewer)

Attendance Poll for Xmas Tree Run

• Yes - will be attending

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Maybe - I will let you know

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No - I will not be attending

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Members,

During our last breakfast, it was agreed that we would have our annual Xmas tree run December 14th, the Saturday before the club Xmas pot luck. I won't be able to make this one, but agreed to post up this thread and moderate the event virtually.

Meeting Spot: Walatowa Visitor Center - Pueblo of Jemez, NM
Event Leader: TBD
Date: December 14th, 2019
Meeting Time: 0900

I confirmed that we can get Xmas tree permits at the Walatowa Visitor Center for those that want to get a tree during the run. Please feel free to join us on the run, even if you don't want to get a Xmas tree.

Post up if you would like to join and potentially take the lead during the trail run that day!

Thanks.
Poupon.

Last edited:
Will this run require chains?

We were planning on looking around our place for a tree this weekend. I will talk to the boss lady about going with you guys. Looks like there should be some snow.

Yay! She liked the idea of going with Larry and Frank on Friday. We will plan on meeting you guys in the morning. It will be me, the ol lady and 2, maybe 3 kids if the oldest girl doesn't have to work.

Thanks Larry. There is no way we could wait until the 14th for a tree.

UPDATE: - Frank and I are going to do a tree run on the Friday after Thanksgiving, if anybody would prefer to get their tree earlier than the original stated date of Dec 14th. Just post up if you want to join us. We will probably do a similar thing as mentioned below, meeting at the Walatowa Visitor Center arounD 0900ish Friday morning. The primary purpose will be to harvest trees, so might be more of an out and back day (shorter).

Have fun gents. Looks like it could be a great snow day.

I confirmed that we can get Xmas tree permits at the Walatowa Visitor Center for those that want to get a tree during the run.

I just called the Walatowa Visitor Center this morning. They confirmed that they will have Xmas Tree Permits this Friday.

I just called the Walatowa Visitor Center this morning. They confirmed that they will have Xmas Tree Permits this Friday.

Awesome! Thanks. The wife and kids are almost as excited to go as I am.

Will only have 2 of the kids. The oldest has better things to do.

There is a good chance, if there is snow up there.

As I don’t have chains, I’ll be sitting out the tree runs, because there is definitely snow up there!

Im trying to make this work. Scout ate the wiring on the trailer so 4Runner is a no-go. Pickup has a torn CV boot... I guess I'll just take it, cant get much worse!
If I get back in time to fix trailer wiring, I plan to go to Gallina Saturday

I have the LX loaded and ready to go. Looking like more snow tonight, but I am hoping we can still make it out tomorrow morning.

I have the LX loaded and ready to go. Looking like more snow tonight, but I am hoping we can still make it out tomorrow morning.
@Mauser, @Dumpolina (et al),

Frank, Caitlin, Noah and I are still planning to pull into Walatowa around 0900 this morning - maybe a few minutes thereof. We have 1 pair of chains and should be good to go. We will monitor 146.400. See you guys then.

I'm all FUBAR, no go today

Headed up, but forgot my wallet. Figured out on Bernalillo. Anybody able to spot me $20 or take paypal?

You guys make out ok? Rain and wind rolled through, I hear Santa Fe had freezing rain n snow ⛄🥶

Got out. It was a lotta fun. Weather got nasty. Got a little windy. Had to do a little work to get out. Either Frank or Larry will have to tell the tree story. I didn't get to see it fall

MVIMG_20191129_112626.jpg

IMG-20191129-WA0011.jpg

Got out. It was a lotta fun. Weather got nasty. Got a little windy. Had to do a little work to get out. Either Frank or Larry will have to tell the tree story. I didn't get to see it fall

Hopefully not a close call!
Placitas had several electrical poles that fell in the wind and caused a power outage for several hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom