WTB: 1996-2002 4Runner (3rd Gen) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OffRoad Rage

Dry Roasted in the Desert
SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for a 3rd Gen 4Runner for my kid that just turned 16. Prefer 4X4, good to great mechanical condition (at least some knowledge of service history), at least driver's airbag, good working A/C, exterior condition not as important, interior decent but not as important either, open to most vehichle options. I'm thinking the less mod's the better but open to any enhancements if not butchered. Preferrably under 300K miles. Realistically if it's solid mechanically he's not going to put a ton of miles on it so that's why I'm not shying away from higher mileage.

Trying to keep the budget under $4K, but would be open to an exceptional specimen.

Figured even if no one has one of their's for sale, having a club wide BOLO adds a lot more eyes on the road.

Respond here or PM me a phone number. I'm sure I can work out a cold beverage finder's fee.

Thanks,
Norm

I might know of something in a v8 from a co-worker. Call me Thursday day

I like the very rare and desireable - Toyoto For Runner SR5 - LOL

This looks pretty nice for $3500
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5056969588.html
00G0G_2pzkC3F5TTI_600x450.jpg

That first green one looks perfect, just what we're looking for. Thx Andy.

Murf, I agree there has to be something fishy with that one. There are several for sales with "a little knock" or "head gasket leaking", and one that "just needs an engine", etc., etc.. See what they say about this one. Thx Bro.

Had to leave town for 10 days and missed out on the one Andy posted, plus another nice lower mileage mall crawler I looked at. Timing was not in my favor. Back actively looking again and it looks like the supply is drying up. Lots of clean 2WD and 4cylinders out there but hoping to hold out for 3.4L and 4x4. Bump.

Lots of clean 2WD and 4cylinders out there but hoping to hold out for 3.4L and 4x4. Bump.

Find one yet?
If you run across a clean low mileage 2wd/4cyl, let me know. The nice lady who sold us hers is having a bad case or seller's remorse. I told her I would keep my eyes out.

She has a budget of under 14k, less than 100k miles would be a plus. Did the 4th gen come with a 2.7?

Last edited:
She has a budget of under 14k, less than 100k miles would be a plus. Did the 4th gen come with a 2.7?

14K for a third generation 4Runner? Don't believe I seen even the later ones going for anywhere near that much. Fourth generation did not a four cylinder option but rather went the other direction with the 4.7 V8.

14K for a third generation 4Runner? Don't believe I seen even the later ones going for anywhere near that much. Fourth generation did not a four cylinder option but rather went the other direction with the 4.7 V8.

Buy my 2003 4runner v8 with icon goodies on it :) make ya a deal.

Buy my 2003 4runner v8 with icon goodies on it :) make ya a deal.

Just commenting on the price of a third generation 4Runner. I have a third generation 4Runner I bought late last year as well a 04 V8 4X4 Sport 4Runner we bought new in January 04. Has just over 100K miles on it. If I were to buy another 4Runner it would be a third generation with a rear locker or fifth generation. I'll keep the 04 and mod it if my wife ever gives it up.

Update: It is with heavy heart I have to say . . . . we didn't buy a Toyota.:crybaby: (Flame Suit On!) After searching and seraching, found a ridiculously good condition '01 Pathfinder 4x4, all bells and whistles, leather in AMAZING condition, literal little old lady car, under 200K miles, interior is nearly spotless, for $2800. Couldn't touch a comperable 4Runner for less than $4K at least right now. It's till a J-code, Japan made SUV and '01 has the better engine - timing chain 3.5L - and the little bit better body style (for a uni-body Nissan). The best part, being a new driver, Dad (me) won't be heartbroken if this one gets banged up, scratched up, or minor fender benders. Let's say a good practice vehicle for eventual Toyota ownership. Plus I get to keep $1200 for my own mods!
Thanks for keeping an eye out :clap:

I owned two Pathfinders before I got into Landcruisers. They were good rigs and appears you got a good buy.

Congrats :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom