Would you be turned off by this rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HDJ100 w/ 133k kms - it's relatively close to me, but I'm concerned about the undercarriage - thoughts?

Zfq96ud.jpg

Jk5L8Cy.jpg

oMSgaiz.jpg

how much are they asking? if its 3-4k id say go for it. much more than that you might want to pay more for a better one.

For $2,500, no.
For anything more, yes.

I think the seller is way off base. 27k and no rust is still a solid pass for me.
Yeah the diesel and 5spd manual are definitely the only reason it's listed so high. If it was a gasser in this condition I'm guessing it would be 5-10k

It's funny because you forgot a decimal point in that asking price. It looks like you said $27k when I'm sure you meant $2.7k ($2700).

At $2700, that would be a pass for me, engine and trans don't matter. That rust is atrocious.

Yeah the diesel and 5spd manual are definitely the only reason it's listed so high. If it was a gasser in this condition I'm guessing it would be 5-10k
5k at most and it better have an extensive service history.

Yes

The rust on the undercarriage doesn't seem all that bad. However the amount of body rust is really bad and would take a ton of time and money to fix. Diesel, 5 speed or not, that amount of rust is a deal breaker. $27k is stupid expensive.

He's high but everyone else here is low. The drivetrain is probably worth $10k in itself.

Looks like the undercarriage itself was well-maintained to keep rust at bay.

I'd challenge the seller to show pictures of equivalently priced/sold rigs in those areas of concern. Every time the seller gives you a dismissive statement about any rust, give him one of those good, long, poker face stares to send a clear message you're not signing up to his statement. Every time. If he doesn't get the message, then you don't want to deal with the person in the first place.

Also ask for proof of when the last time the AHC fluid was flushed and replaced. Judging by the look of that shock, I'd want the proof to any statement made.

I'd walk, but to each his/her own.

You aren't the owner looking for a short-circuit way to get a value on your rig, are you?

Wow, you're not kidding...

View attachment 2588917

And then you add in the cost a clean 100 to swap it in to, the cost of transmission and the cost of the knowledge and labor to pull it all off... Maybe that $27k rust bucket isn't such a bad deal after all. ;)

On a side and somewhat off topic note...other than the cool factor what would you really be gaining with a 1HD vs a 2UZ? The better fuel economy is irrelevant when you add in the cost of the conversion, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom