Work Truck Build Up (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dont forget good old blue, my 42, which I will probably be burried in, since I've had it from when I was 19. Lots of good memories in that truck.

Deny - you should come wheeling Nov 17th weekend.

Where? Me and Adam still have a faint possibility of heading down to tumbler next weekend to do the trail and possibly kill a moose as long as there isn't over 3 feet of snow. That may be my last wheeling of the season.

ah you have 2 42s. Gotcha.

yes my original blue, then rusty, which I really just saved from getting torn apart into a parts truck, so modifying it into something different isn't an ethical problem for me:hillbilly:

Deny said:
Where? Me and Adam still have a faint possibility of heading down to tumbler next weekend to do the trail and possibly kill a moose as long as there isn't over 3 feet of snow. That may be my last wheeling of the season.

Waiparous.

Is that the weekend you are taking all the newbs out wheeling? Any good looking environmental chicks? :hillbilly: camping, or just a day run?

Is that the weekend you are taking all the newbs out wheeling? Any good looking environmental chicks? :hillbilly: camping, or just a day run?

Yes. There are. It's an extra special weekend. You should most definitely come. I'll tell you later why. 2 day runs. 2nd day trip out to McLean. You can crash at my house.

Just more bolting stuff on, not worth taking pictures of. I do find I am struggling to figure how things go back together some times and am looking at the first few pages on this thread to figure how I took things apart 5 years ago. right now working on a turbo mount that would have bolted up to my other engine, but this one is missing two bolt holes. Took a break this weekend from wrenching to go wheeling down in tumbler, will get on it again soon.

DSCF0422.jpg

The two bolts below the exhaust manifold and coolant hard line are from an old exhaust hanger.
I plan on making those bolts support my turbo with a bracket.

Some blocks came with holes in different locations while others didn't. I think the early 1hd-t blocks were the ones that had them. So pre 94 or something..

What turbo as you planning on using?

Not sure, but I think it's a Garret, one that Isobie got mapped for his truck when he was building it. I just had Louis put together the same kit he had with the original air to air intercooler, came out pretty cheap compared to any other kits on the market, think only around $3000 for turbo, intercooler and all hoses and lines, which would have been the cost of turbo kit alone with any other company.

Did some more. Finally finished the turbo mount bracket, bolted up turbo and most lines, then started mocking up the fenders as I have some aftermarket ones from EBI, so might need to do some tweeking. Plus have to cut some holes in the front for the intercooler, and patch up some rust holes in the inner fenders, so want to make sure it all fits before painting it up. Also want to do a little extra fender work to keep the mud from the cab and frame a little, so will be adding a little sheet metal to the bottom of the back part of the inner fender. She's a slow go as I clean all the bolts, tap all the welded nuts on the upper fenders as they are all rusted, but figure I can pick away at a lot of it a little at a time whenever I have a spare minute.

DSCF0514.jpg

DSCF0516.jpg

DSCF0517.jpg

Are you never siezing every bolt?

Took the week off to work on this thing. man the little things are killing me, even the damn aftermarket fender took me an afternoon to put on cause I had to try it on only to find the holes needed some tweeking and a couple places needed to be ground down. Thought I could get this thing running this week, but now it's not looking too promising, but hope to get a lot done this week.

Forgot how little those 28's look in those big wheel wells. Might have to upgrade the 35s I got planned to 37's:hillbilly:

DSCF0519.jpg

spent too much time on the passenger side upper fender, damn mine concrete, just chipping away at it. Then a few bolts were snapped, thought I would only do the bottom one, and just leave the other one with out a bolt, but then the first came out so easy when I welded a nut on, tried the middle bolt, but took me five nuts welding on before it finally came out. Got the rusty pieces painted and will give it a coat of primer tommorow then bolt on that side so I can start working on the air cleaner (you guessed it rusted through and need to patch a few areas). Then I will tackle either the exhaust coming off the turbo, or start on the shock towers.

DSCF0520.jpg

DSCF0525.jpg

Some reason the area by the passenger head light was really rusty, do you think the pump for the windsheild washer is any good ;) Then I cleaned the batery tray for an hour or so, only to find it was pretty worn down, and as I was about to start wire brushing the metal that was really rusty, I started thinking I might need to buy a new plastic bucket or it might not hold up the battery, then I remembered got a bunch of parts from G and S while I was down there a few years ago buying the engine and they were throwing this stuff away, so I checked, and sure enough 2 minty batery trays, cleaned it up and don't even have to spray any paint.:hillbilly:

DSCF0521.jpg

DSCF0522.jpg

So got the air cleaner all fixed up. I keep jumping around doing a million things at once, I have to learn to just focus on one task and keep plugging away. I think next step is to keep bolting the rest of the stuff on (in the engine bay and on the fenders) so that I can mock up the intercooler (cutting holes into the front), then once that is done, add some weight to the front (to represent the bumper and winch) then I can start on the shocks and finish the pan hard bar, then brake lines, then fuel lines, then new filter mounts (using aftermarket water seperator with primer pump and 3B fuel filter with nipple for easy air bleeding), then I can pull apart the front end and patch up lower fender wells, paint up and put together to start :hillbilly:

DSCF0526.jpg

DSCF0527.jpg

DSCF0529.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom