Wont crank, odd situation. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kind of frustrating that you don't know what fixed it, because now you will always question it.

This is interesting because i replaced my entire distributor recently and the top terminal where the 4 pin plug goes to is very loose compared to my oem.... I can wiggle it far too much for my liking

Made it back, cut it off in the garage and it stutters a little bit when I start it but it starts. I'm assuming I might need to replace the cap and rotor?

I can't thank you all enough for the help and especially @BILT4ME For taking time to talk me through a lot if this over the phone!

This community has saved my ass once again and if I can ever help yall out just let me know.... except for @slow95z Who just wants my parts. LOL 🤑

Kind of frustrating that you don't know what fixed it, because now you will always question it.

Yeah it doesn't make sense that jacking it up would mess with any thing at the distributor. This is honestly the 1st time I've had an issue since owning it.

This is interesting because i replaced my entire distributor recently and the top terminal where the 4 pin plug goes to is very loose compared to my oem.... I can wiggle it far too much for my liking

I removed them from the cap and cleaned each one making sure they were plugged firmly back in. Some were very tight others just snug, but non wiggled at the cap.

I removed them from the cap and cleaned each one making sure they were plugged firmly back in. Some were very tight others just snug, but non wiggled at the cap.
Yea see I can wiggle the entire plug part, bugs the crap out of me. And there’s no telling if it was even my distributor that was giving me problems. I may as well throw my OEM back in at this point

When messing with the distributor and wires there is a good chance you also "touched" other wires including the fusible links. With the motor running I would wiggle any wires in that area to see if the motor stumbles or any abnormal behavior happens.

When messing with the distributor and wires there is a good chance you also "touched" other wires including the fusible links. With the motor running I would wiggle any wires in that area to see if the motor stumbles or any abnormal behavior happens.
I would very much Second this suggestion. Mine developed a bad stumble for no apparent reason. Would run but really rough. I started poking around with a stethoscope and in the process made her run sweet again. A little bit of harness wiggling identified 2 loose connectors on the middle injectors. I had replaced the connectors about 3 weeks previous and somehow forgot to snap them home.

Thanks guys I will definitely keep looking around, I never thought about doing it with the car running, thanks for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom