With the shortage of fusible links... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was referring to my car having had the FL's removed and fitted a fuse box despite my 80 not having any failures, my comment was based on experience of working on customer's 80's who have had the FL's fail NOT ON MY CAR,.

Dave

I find it fascinating that I have a comprehension problem because I didn’t realize that you were referencing a non Toyota 80 series when stating that you had experienced many failures with fusible links.

I don’t think I’m alone in that, here in the 80 series forum, unless it’s stated that you are referencing another vehicle it is assumed you are referencing your 80 series Toyota.

Knowing at anytime you could be referencing any and all manufacturers of vehicles kind of undermines the value of your claimed experiences.

Best of luck with your recovery.

Mine just had its 30th birthday. It is still running the original links. :meh:
Mine failed a few months ago. But it's only 25 years old.

Mines 35.... im screwed ;)

What i really wonder is how many of OGbeno's 31000 posts are telling people that s*** aint discontinued from toyota

This thread should be referred to the Ministry of Truth

I find it fascinating that I have a comprehension problem because I didn’t realize that you were referencing a non Toyota 80 series when stating that you had experienced many failures with fusible links.

I don’t think I’m alone in that, here in the 80 series forum, unless it’s stated that you are referencing another vehicle it is assumed you are referencing your 80 series Toyota.

Knowing at anytime you could be referencing any and all manufacturers of vehicles kind of undermines the value of your claimed experiences.

Best of luck with your recovery.

First of let me say thank you for your comment wishing me luck with my recovery, that is appreciated and taken as it is wrote, recovery had been going well until yesterday's news but hey s*** happens.

Back to our discussion. You have to read, digest and then reply. Earlier in the thread I pointed out that customers with their 80's come to me (or other garages) to get the FL's replaced.

And when there were other manufacturers mentioned 'newer more modern vehicles' using fixed fuses on top of the battery instead of FL's, well it is true my friend.

I also note you keep harping on about my experience, I have told you of mine, and you have not mentioned yours....not that it is my business, but I use it to back up statements I have made, this stops people thinking I am talking out of my arse as many do.

The other thing I do, (perhaps sadly) is to write out paragraphs of information, not simple 'one liners', my method ensures that people get where I am going within a discussion or even an argument to explain fact. I don't see this discussion going anywhere, with your inability to answer and explain what you have against getting rid of the FL's and fitting a fuse box instead is somewhat disappointing, but I think I may have covered that a little later?

I will not block you as I have read on occasion's your posts and they have some content for many to consider, but they are skewed towards the modifications department, this I totally get, you sell products that address problems that someone has found with lifted suspension and so forth, something I was addressing back in the early 70's, strangely enough I used an idea that I used when suspension modifications were limited when racing Ford Anglia's.....yes I am that old but, it sorted a problem on a Toyota 40 a couple of years back....now who would have thought that, and the cost...well a cup of tea and lunch.

So, if you have nothing further to add to bolster your adverse comments about my fuse box being used to replace the FL's (which you have not), I say that just in case you were thinking about selling new FL's which in no way would happen, because if you did then your entire argument falls flat on it's face as does anyone else who thinks they are fine 'as is', so I reckon anything that could be said has been.

In closing, I again thank you for your kind words with regards to my recovery, a thoughtful gesture to say the very least.

Regards

Dave

Even though there hundreds of thousands of 80 series out there with FIs with no issues
You need to modify them, just ask Dave and he will tell you you comprehension skills are not up to date.

That if you modify you brakes you will kill a bus load of nuns.

And if you don’t carry enough tools to work on every Rig on the trail your a bad person that doesn’t return the stool to it spot when your done with it.

Cheers
Carry on Folks

I also note you keep harping on about my experience, I have told you of mine, and you have not mentioned yours....not that it is my business, but I use it to back up statements I have made, this stops people thinking I am talking out of my arse as many do.
My experience with fusible links is that they are not likely to fail unless there is a fault in the electrical system. I’ve seen that once with someone else’s truck on a trail run. He had a bad engine harness.

Your experience is that they have failed on many trucks but not yours. But that wasn’t clear to me initially and you didn’t seem to like that I asked you about it.

with your inability to answer and explain what you have against getting rid of the FL's and fitting a fuse box instead is somewhat disappointing, but I think I may have covered that a little later?
I can’t remember saying anything against you modifying your fuse box. But if you would be so kind to quote my passages where I did I would appreciate that.

I popped my fusible link a few years back when making a right turn.
1663017770319.png

The fusible link was original and didn't appear to be in the best shape. I thought it was old and replaced it with a new one. Not 100ft from the house, it popped as well. A friend drug it home and I started my investigation.

I created a blade fuse jumper since I couldn't afford to replace the fusible link each time it popped.
1663017934943.png

Luckily, I spotted a spark from the engine harness and found my problem.
1663017971875.png

I patched the wiring, reinstalled a new fusible link, and ordered a spare from Toyota. I keep the jumper wire with me just in case.

I order 10-50 at a time from Japan. Blame me if you want... HA .......They end up on Mudders 80s one way or another.

Jason
TT

The Rising Sun Mechanical SKUNK-WORKS Laboratory owns the entire remaining GLOBAL inventory of the FJ60 HARNESS side GREEN PLUG Connector Housings ..... that mates with PART # 90982-08135 Fusible Links :D

- i make no excuses and i have no shame , because at the end of the day NOT having these parts on-hand and ready to serve the FJ60 Community would simply
be LAME !

- Hand Crafting HARNESS SIDE repair connector plugs with FULL-ON ANCHOR brand 10ga tinned fine strands copper marine grade
pigtails for the 60 folks in need is the only game ..... :cool:

89620-60060jpg.image.500 x400 - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

E20751BB-F6EA-44B9-A15C-2B2BEED4EB79.jpeg
E0E28611-E811-49F2-AF9D-28F2BC99EE95.jpeg

FDF2F3CB-8CB5-4EC9-B377-C8639A85BC84.jpeg

C952604E-F5FB-46B6-AFCE-BAB001052E71.jpeg

995ABC13-42F7-48FD-9E5E-D19F554B272F.jpeg

33F04519-85F8-4C4E-9EEA-7D30C1A3A28A.jpeg

D791A291-4EA2-4474-A25D-336324E7CB9B.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back