Wisconsin Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

oooh tinted. i think i like that better than fluid film. Welcome to the group. usually pretty quiet here.

@ClassyJalopy definitely knows a little about rust :beer: and I learned my lesson on my first 100. 2nd one came from Las Vegas with 224k on it.

1693703886518.png

Tinted black Wool Wax is my Go-To!

View attachment 3417740
I've been reading about DIY vs Shop applied "undercoatings" and I've been leaning towards fluid film and wool wax. In your experience how much do they "harden"? Does it make working on the rig a sticky gawdaweful mess? I realize the alternative is living with rust...

I paid someone $800 to clean up the undercarriage and inside of the frame and apply NHoil undercoating and clear wax on all the body cavities. It has held up great for the last 2 winters!
It was more than I wanted to spend but this truck is rust free and I am trying to keep it that way! It dried up in about 1 week and is nearly impossible to remove.

20210706_120326.jpg

20210706_120434.jpg

I've been reading about DIY vs Shop applied "undercoatings" and I've been leaning towards fluid film and wool wax. In your experience how much do they "harden"? Does it make working on the rig a sticky gawdaweful mess? I realize the alternative is living with rust...
I’ve used both for awhile but prefer Woolwax. Woolwax has less of a solvent smell and hangs on tight. It doesn’t harden at all. Yes if you need to replace parts you’ll have a mess on your hands but the trade off is no rust and also stopping any current rust. I only need to reapply every 2 years which is still probably overkill. Oh yeah, don’t use the line-X undercoating on your frame. In my opinion it just encapsulates any rust and dirt forever.

I paid someone $800 to clean up the undercarriage and inside of the frame and apply NHoil undercoating and clear wax on all the body cavities. It has held up great for the last 2 winters!
It was more than I wanted to spend but this truck is rust free and I am trying to keep it that way! It dried up in about 1 week and is nearly impossible to remove.

View attachment 3421612
View attachment 3421613
Beautiful and money we’ll spent!

I spray on all my vehicles. everyone who works on them bitches but the bolts come out without a torch and a grinder. My wife keeps going through the car wash under sprayer so that is gone by mid January, anyone want a 2017 200 series??

I spray on all my vehicles. everyone who works on them bitches but the bolts come out without a torch and a grinder. My wife keeps going through the car wash under sprayer so that is gone by mid January, anyone want a 2017 200 series??
Have you posted it anywhere? I have been casually looking at 200s and am always curious!

Lol, I'm everyone!

1st Name: Daniel

Town/City: Sheboygan County

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any:

1998 LX470. OME 860 2" lift. Sleeping platform. Lighting. LSD. Snorkel (not my choosing). 275 70 18.

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any:

2000 Land Cruiser. Stock.

Any special talents? : Drinking beer around a camp fire.

LX.jpg

Loren

Current: 2017 200 series, 2000 100 series (armor, winch, 2.5 dobinsons), 1997 80 series stockish, 1994 2.5" dobinsons 6.0L LS swap

Past: might not remember all. 1985, 1997, 1996, 2002, 2000x3. facilitated many others.

Lucky to have an LC mechanic here in Oshkosh.

hobbies all over the place currently laundromats and tequila

Loren

Current: 2017 200 series, 2000 100 series (armor, winch, 2.5 dobinsons), 1997 80 series stockish, 1994 2.5" dobinsons 6.0L LS swap

Past: might not remember all. 1985, 1997, 1996, 2002, 2000x3. facilitated many others.

Lucky to have an LC mechanic here in Oshkosh.

hobbies all over the place currently laundromats and tequila
Is the LC Mechanic a shop or a buddy? I can't find a shop that knows anything about my 100 series.

@Patdog I am moving your intro here, more ppl would see it!
"
1st Name: Gary

Town/City: River Falls

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: LC200 2013

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: none

Any special talents? : upright and mobile.

"

We started a YouTube channel to document our outdoor adventures.
Check one of our latest ones here