Wisconsin Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just wanted to start a thread on introductions. I know our state holds a ton of Cruiserheads (not just Cheeseheads). Hopefully an introduction page will bring some life to Wisconsin. No reason to reform a TLCA chapter if we can "meet" online. I've lived in WI for 6 years now and really still have wheeled only once here in our great state. I would like to get some action going and possible rides/events going with other Cruiser nuts like me locally.

Just post a quick bio:

1st Name:

Town/City:

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any:

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any:

Any special talents? :

Last edited:
I'm up 1st I suppose.

1st Name: Dave

Town/City: Portage/Pardeeville

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: 97 LX450, just started an expedition type build. Lift and tires coming 1st thing.

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: 97 FZJ80, 07 FJC, 93 Runner

Any special talents? :beer: : <--- Beer consumer

1st Name: woody

Town/City: Appleton/Kimberly

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: 1996 FZJ80 is for expedition stuff, stockish with 35's and 4.88's and the standard armor...1974 FJ40 is well used and rolling on 39's...2009 RZR is too addicting...and the 1995 HZJ75 is at Proffitts to get built...

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: Sadly, I keep them all or watch them rust away...

Any special talents? : Got nuthin...

Just post a quick bio:

1st Name: Dan

Town/City: Oshkosh/Work in Fond du Lac

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: 90 FJ62 on 35's, locked, some armor, dents, currently mid tear down for motor/trans/doubler swap, 1997 FJZ80, stock DD, Wife has a stock DD 100 series 2002.

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: I had a 16 year Jeep habit so there have been many, these are my first cruisers and they will likely be around for quite some time. Before I bought the Fj62 my record for owning a vehicle was 18 months. I bought that truck in 2006.

Any special talents? : I can rust a toyota with out even hitting the street let alone trail.

Just post a quick bio:

1st Name: Jack

Town/City: North Prairie (near Waukesha/Milwaukee)

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: Haven't wheeled trucks, much. Stock FJ Cruiser in CO and AR but not much in WI. I've done more ATV and Dirt Bike/Enduro riding in WI and Upper MI.

New to FJ40s. Rebuilding a 78, frame off, most things apart, hope to start putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Just post a quick bio:

1st Name: Jack

Town/City: North Prairie (near Waukesha/Milwaukee)

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: Haven't wheeled trucks, much. Stock FJ Cruiser in CO and AR but not much in WI. I've done more ATV and Dirt Bike/Enduro riding in WI and Upper MI.

New to FJ40s. Rebuilding a 78, frame off, most things apart, hope to start putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.

What no special talent? :D

1st Name: Will

Town/City: Live in Sussex Wi (just outside Milwaukee)

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: I don't really wheel it unless you consider picking up deer off road and towing the boat to launches, and driving thru a foot+ of snow. Wish I had somewhere to go offroad, but I don't get crazy anyway.

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: Bought a rig just the way I wanted from a mud member - 96 landcruiser, OME lift, ARB front bumper, etc... I really like it (and so does the :princess:) It gets me wherever I want to go, no problems.

Any special talents? : Hmmm, I love volleyball, fishing (bass especially) and bow hunting for whitetails. I work as a CPA, but my real love is working with my hands - repairing small motors keeps me extremly happy. I'm a jack of all trades, seem to know a little something about a lot, so I feel equally comfortable ripping into complete teardown of a boat motor as disassembling a radio to a complete computer build from various parts (or tearing laptops completely apart to repair/replace motherboards), to tearing out my furnace at 1 am to fix it myself and save an 'emergency' fee.

BTW - My rig intimidates me. All I've done on her since I got her a year ago is oil changes. Something about a beast as big as you are that is built with real metal.... Soon though, I will get into her and replace/repair the radio/ antenna / exhaust / minor rust spots/ and sun visor.

1st Name: Will

Town/City: Live in Sussex Wi (just outside Milwaukee)

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: I don't really wheel it unless you consider picking up deer off road and towing the boat to launches, and driving thru a foot+ of snow. Wish I had somewhere to go offroad, but I don't get crazy anyway.

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: Bought a rig just the way I wanted from a mud member - 96 landcruiser, OME lift, ARB front bumper, etc... I really like it (and so does the :princess:) It gets me wherever I want to go, no problems.

Any special talents? : Hmmm, I love volleyball, fishing (bass especially) and bow hunting for whitetails. I work as a CPA, but my real love is working with my hands - repairing small motors keeps me extremly happy. I'm a jack of all trades, seem to know a little something about a lot, so I feel equally comfortable ripping into complete teardown of a boat motor as disassembling a radio to a complete computer build from various parts (or tearing laptops completely apart to repair/replace motherboards), to tearing out my furnace at 1 am to fix it myself and save an 'emergency' fee.

BTW - My rig intimidates me. All I've done on her since I got her a year ago is oil changes. Something about a beast as big as you are that is built with real metal.... Soon though, I will get into her and replace/repair the radio/ antenna / exhaust / minor rust spots/ and sun visor.

By the way it sounds Will, you won't be intimidated long.

1st Name: Al

Town/City: South of Madison

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: 69 Fj40 lifted, rear locker, winch 33x12.5; 69 Fj40 SBC400 Lincoln locked winch 39.5" boggers; Working on a frame up 78 FJ40 with locker 8274 winch lift and 35x12.5 mts; and Just picked up a 2011 4runner Trail Edition with E locker and Crawl controls. 3" lift and 285 MTs,

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any:97 Collectors edition LC OME and 285 MTs

Any special talents? : I am a web designer for a living. I do a lot of different things, but remodeling my 130 yo farm house is keeping me busy, but I do get a little garage time every once in a while.

1st name: Randy

Town/City: Wausau

Rig(s)you wheel complete with mods if any: 75 fj40 sm420,lockers,35's,warn 8274-50, baja ss seats

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any:82 fj40,79 fj40, 65 fj40, 81 hi-lux

Any special talents: Drive truck for a welding company. Work with my sons in our back yard shop.

1st Name: Kevin

Town/City: Beloit area

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: 75 FJ 40, 350, arb f&r, 4:1 Orion, saginaw, home made sliders and bumpers, family cage and tube doors by 4xInnovations. Presently working on a second tub to replace mine. When the switch is made will also add 700r and rear discs.

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: John Deere garden tractors

Any special talents? : Enjoy fabricating and machining in home shop. Machinest during the day.

Nice to formally meet you guys.

Woody, can we sticky this thread?

1st Name: Shane

Town/City: Cross Plains

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: 92 FJ80 3FE, 88 4-runner

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: I'll be burried in them

Any special talents? : Build/remodel for a living, love wrenching, hunting, wheeling, shooting, camping, mountain biking, skiing, spend endless hours on mud dreaming and reading, wishing I had the money for lockers, cb, stereo, OBA, welder, 5.29s and 37s....

Name- Scott
Town- Elkhorn
No wheeling ever. Just an addict.
Owned a 88 fj62 restored and sold. '10 fj cruiser- sold. 1999 hundy series- sold. And of course the famous "Ketchup"
Frame off resto- now sitting in the Green Bay dealership as a "don't touch".
currently drive a 2010 cm tundra, and a 06 tundra.

Currently doing a frame off on a '74 Honda st90 mini bike. Trying to acquire a '74 hilux in ND.(1.5 yrs now trying to get this rig).
Always on the lookout for fj's and currently have my eye on 2 within 20 miles.

Talents-
Seeing a project thru.
Killing waterfowl.
Best
Web

1st Name: Eric

Town/City: Neenah/Appleton

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: Never really been wheeling

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: Never built a rig, but have built up a few nice cars ('69 Camaro, Mustangs)

Any special talents? spending money I dont' have. LOL

NitrousEdge said:
1st Name: Eric

Town/City: Neenah/Appleton

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: Never really been wheeling

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: Never built a rig, but have built up a few nice cars ('69 Camaro, Mustangs)

Any special talents? spending money I dont' have. LOL

Welcome. You feeling an itch to go wheeling or what brings you to Mud?

Welcome. You feeling an itch to go wheeling or what brings you to Mud?

Some I guess, I just really love vehicles. I have always done the car thing - 69 camaro to new mustangs I've done a bunch. I've never done a "rig" though, and since I slowed my racing way down a few years ago I have had the itch to build something. Lots of good info on this site, and to think its a local site is pretty crazy. Never knew there was that much interest around here, let alone shops that work with off roaders.

Lots of good info on this site, and to think its a local site is pretty crazy. Never knew there was that much interest around here, let alone shops that work with off roaders.

International site, just happens to be a local guy who got lucky :)

BTW: check out the MS - Cottonland Cruisers corner for the Moab pics...been a great week :)

Introductions

1st Name: Jeremy

Town/City: Oshkosh

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: No wheeling - yet.

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: Currently rebuilding a '85 FJ60

Any special talents? : Absorbing all the info from these message boards.