Wisconsin Introductions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not necessarily new to the board, been lurking here for years picking your collective brains on various projects.
Anyway, first name is Jim, I'm in Fort Atkinson. First rig was a 55 back when I was stationed in CA, did a bit of wheeling out there. Followed that up with an 83 FJ60 16 years ago which now has full blown cancer. Just recently found a donor in CA and hauled it back and will do a engine transplant.
Don't know if I'm hitting all the questions for a new intro
As for skills/interests, I do a bit of fabrication, welding, woodworking etc. No time to dedicate to wheeling anymore but would like to build this one out as a camping rig.

Not necessarily new to the board, been lurking here for years picking your collective brains on various projects.
Anyway, first name is Jim, I'm in Fort Atkinson. First rig was a 55 back when I was stationed in CA, did a bit of wheeling out there. Followed that up with an 83 FJ60 16 years ago which now has full blown cancer. Just recently found a donor in CA and hauled it back and will do a engine transplant.
Don't know if I'm hitting all the questions for a new intro
As for skills/interests, I do a bit of fabrication, welding, woodworking etc. No time to dedicate to wheeling anymore but would like to build this one out as a camping rig.
Welcome Jim. Thank you for your service and I'm glad you are here. :cheers: for helping to represent WI

Last edited:
First Post on IHM.

1st Name: Brian

Town/City: West Salem WI (near La Crosse)

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: Recently bought a 1999 LC ETA 12/4. Ironman 2" gas lift and bumper arriving 12/4. Mods begin immediately.

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: 2004 Tacoma Offroad stock, 2007 TRD FJ Cruiser - pro comp lift 295/75/16 BFG KO2s recently sold to fund LC project.

Any special talents? : Fly Fishing, Shooting, Pheasant Hunting, raising 3 daughters.

First Post on IHM.

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: Recently bought a 1999 LC ETA 12/4. Ironman 2" gas lift and bumper arriving 12/4. Mods begin immediately.

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: 2004 Tacoma Offroad stock, 2007 TRD FJ Cruiser - pro comp lift 295/75/16 BFG KO2s recently sold to fund LC project.

Any special talents? : Fly Fishing, Shooting, Pheasant Hunting, raising 3 daughters.
Welcome FurBurglar, glad you are here.

Drake2

Us Wisconsin folk have to stick together. So few of us we don't even have a TLCA chapter or state club anymore ☹

We gotta find a time to hang out together. There are at least 5 of us in just Madison area!

Agreed on the get together. Im down. I have a list of items to get done in the next few months. My LC is coming from Milwaukee, was suppose to be here Monday, but some A-Hole stole the catalytic converter the night before pick up. Dealer is getting it fixed.

First Post on IHM.

Welcome.

1st Name: Mike

Town/City: Milwaukee

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: none yet, just started looking for an SUV with good towing capacity and am interested in getting into off-roading/overlanding. I've been a car guy my entire life and just discovered this entirely separate world of off-roading with a similarly passionate community as the car circles I'm a part of. I've always liked the LC and am just starting to realize how legendary/awesome/iconic it is. Starting to research the 200 series now, not ready to buy yet but hopefully soon.

Past rigs you built up or have sold if any: none yet

Any special talents? : Loving cars (and trucks/SUVs) too much?

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: none yet, just started looking for an SUV with good towing capacity and am interested in getting into off-roading/overlanding. I've been a car guy my entire life and just discovered this entirely separate world of off-roading with a similarly passionate community as the car circles I'm a part of. I've always liked the LC and am just starting to realize how legendary/awesome/iconic it is. Starting to research the 200 series now, not ready to buy yet but hopefully soon.

Welcome to the madness Mike. Destroy your credit cards immediately!

Welcome to the madness Mike. Destroy your credit cards immediately!
Ha, thanks for the advice. It seems like that is commonly suggested for all of the vehicles I like. The curse of being an auto enthusiast I guess. :cool:

Welcome to the Wisconsin group. 200s are awesome. As an option the LX570s seem to have a lower used price point. I’ve finally got my wife interested in shedding the trophy case mini van and have been looking to replace with a 200 LC or 570. Good luck on your hunt. Cheers

Welcome to the Wisconsin group. 200s are awesome. As an option the LX570s seem to have a lower used price point. I’ve finally got my wife interested in shedding the trophy case mini van and have been looking to replace with a 200 LC or 570. Good luck on your hunt. Cheers
Thanks for the tip on the 570. I will add that to my research.

Welcome aboard @mycars. Looking for an LX570 is a very sane advice, the were sold in slightly larger numbers, are better equipped and are typically better taken care of!
Also, you probably already aware, get something from south if rust belt!

Welcome aboard @mycars. Looking for an LX570 is a very sane advice, the were sold in slightly larger numbers, are better equipped and are typically better taken care of!
Also, you probably already aware, get something from south if rust belt!
Good call on finding something south of the rust belt. I had not thought about that. Regarding the LX570, I gotta say I don't love the design of it, especially the front end. I am very new to the LC community and am trying to learn everything I can at this point so can you expand on how the Lexus is better equipped than the LC?

Good call on finding something south of the rust belt. I had not thought about that. Regarding the LX570, I gotta say I don't love the design of it, especially the front end. I am very new to the LC community and am trying to learn everything I can at this point so can you expand on how the Lexus is better equipped than the LC?
LX570 has these advantages over LC:
All years:
+ Automatic Height Control (AHC): gives you height adjustment with a flip of switch. Basically you get instant lift when needed without having to spend a lot of money to install a lift
+ Better Leather
+ Lexus infotainment system (if you like that)

Earlier years:
+ LX has had heated steering wheel and cooled front seats since 2011
+ 360 deg camera system

There are quite a few additions to the LX to make it quieter inside (sound deadening).

LX570 has these advantages over LC:
All years:
+ Automatic Height Control (AHC): gives you height adjustment with a flip of switch. Basically you get instant lift when needed without having to spend a lot of money to install a lift
+ Better Leather
+ Lexus infotainment system (if you like that)

Earlier years:
+ LX has had heated steering wheel and cooled front seats since 2011
+ 360 deg camera system

There are quite a few additions to the LX to make it quieter inside (sound deadening).
Oh wow, that is great information. I came across the AHC in my research last night but did not know about the other things you mentioned. Also, the latest facelift is the one I'm not a huge fan of, but I like the 570s before that (up to model year 2015). Thanks for your time and help!

1st Name: Clilnt

Town/City: Mukwonago

Rig(s): 1997 TLC - the Wampa - 154k miles, snorkel, OME Lift, White Knuckle Sliders

Any special talents? Making the wife made by buying a Land Cruiser without her approval

20210120_165009[1].jpg

Hi,
This is Adam.

I live in Sun Prairie near Madison.

I currently have a 91 80 that has a good body, great interior and a hell of a lot of surface rust underneath. I have a thread in the fj80 section with the specifics.

I have owned two 94s and a 98. All sold. I have done quite a bit of work on the 4 LC over the years. This 91 will be the most involved out of all rigs. I can't wait until summer so I can get a pressure washer under it.

No special skills.

I do off road a bit up in the WI State parks. Mainly to get out in the woods to camp.

Good to see this WI thread. I just found it. I was thinking there had to be a couple of us MUDers around.

Hi,
This is Adam.

I live in Sun Prairie near Madison.

I currently have a 91 80 that has a good body, great interior and a hell of a lot of surface rust underneath. I have a thread in the fj80 section with the specifics.

I have owned two 94s and a 98. All sold. I have done quite a bit of work on the 4 LC over the years. This 91 will be the most involved out of all rigs. I can't wait until summer so I can get a pressure washer under it.

No special skills.

I do off road a bit up in the WI State parks. Mainly to get out in the woods to camp.

Good to see this WI thread. I just found it. I was thinking there had to be a couple of us MUDers around.

20201129_160640.jpg