Wisconsin Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! yes, I'm in Sun Prairie too, by Cabelas. Long time LC owner. a 95, then a 99 and current 00' Looking forward to any or all of us hanging out for a beer or cruise, post covid.
cheers! :beer:

Ha! That is funny. I am on Heatherstone. Just up the road from Horizon Elementary.

I really regret selling my 100. It was a completely sorted rust free CO LC. It had the rear locker and a 2" ironman foam cell pro lift. That thing was a beast!

Covid has to end soon. Looking forward to connecting!!!

Hi,
This is Adam.

I live in Sun Prairie near Madison.

I currently have a 91 80 that has a good body, great interior and a hell of a lot of surface rust underneath. I have a thread in the fj80 section with the specifics.

I have owned two 94s and a 98. All sold. I have done quite a bit of work on the 4 LC over the years. This 91 will be the most involved out of all rigs. I can't wait until summer so I can get a pressure washer under it.

No special skills.

I do off road a bit up in the WI State parks. Mainly to get out in the woods to camp.

Good to see this WI thread. I just found it. I was thinking there had to be a couple of us MUDers around.
Hey Adam. Im in West Salem. Welcome to the Wis group. Nice rigs. I have a 1999 LC100 141k miles with same, large amount of surface rust on undercarriage, I will be power washing and POR15 the undercarriage this spring as well. I have some rusted out quarter panels to deal with over the next couple months. Replacing the MC currently, have 2" ironman lift and 285/75/16s to install soon.

You won't be disappointed with the IM lift. That was a great addition. Fortunately once I get most of the rust off of this thing it will be a summer truck. That should help life in it for a few more decades:) I have some small rust in the panels just in from of my rear tires. It will be fun to learn how to patch.

I did SPC UCA and a diff drop as well. You are going to love em.

Your 99 has very low mi. I bet there is a good story there.

First Post on IHM.

1st Name: Noah

Town/City: Verona, WI

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: Just bought my first cruiser: '04 100 w/Nav, 200K miles. Working on sound system and minor exterior and interior cosmetics. Plastidip on center console, new component speakers, some de-badging and plastidip on rear emblems. First major service will be exhaust manifold. Need to patch rusted out area behind rear wheels (hidden behind bumper cover). Once patched, planning to do complete rust prevention on undercarriage. Long term--rear bumper mod (ARB or similar), 33s (maybe lift, not sure), roof rack (has standard crossbars, will go Prinsu or Frontrunner).

Any special talents? : Multi-instrumentalist (guitar, percussion), raising 4 kids

landcruiser.jpg

First Post on IHM.

Rig(s) you wheel complete with mods if any: Just bought my first cruiser: '04 100 w/Nav, 200K miles. Working on sound system and minor exterior and interior cosmetics. Plastidip on center console, new component speakers, some de-badging and plastidip on rear emblems. First major service will be exhaust manifold. Need to patch rusted out area behind rear wheels (hidden behind bumper cover). Once patched, planning to do complete rust prevention on undercarriage. Long term--rear bumper mod (ARB or similar), 33s (maybe lift, not sure), roof rack (has standard crossbars, will go Prinsu or Frontrunner).

Any special talents? : Multi-instrumentalist (guitar, percussion), raising 4 kids

View attachment 2711095
Welcome onboard! We are practically neighbors! That is a fine looking cruiser, may be we can all get together for a little coffee and cars one of these days?

First Post on IHM.

View attachment 2711095
Welcome, glad you are here. WI needs more representation for sure.

First Post on IHM.

View attachment 2711095
Welcome aboard.

What's up guys, GX470 / "120 Prado" guy here but saw the WI thread. Just looking for local peoples who have the same problem I mean hobby. I'm in New Berlin- please hit me up with any local offroad spots, or I'll settle for coffee 👍

Name: Tim

Town: New Berlin

Rigs: 08 GX470 w 91k I've had for about a month. Wanted something to wrench on, have fun with and be capable / reliable for winter. Couldn't be happier so far! Zero experience w trucks but learning is all part of the fun. Other than maintenance stuff, got a gx460 front brake swap, and found some FJ wheels I had refinished. Going to swap out the running boards for nerf bars this weekend. Get a full frame coating / rust prevention job to do too. No other rigs, literally ever. Fun car is a 'stang and just sold my much loved but seldom ridden 08 triumph speed triple.

Special talents: Ordering car parts at 2am and forgetting about it. It's like a surprise gift for future you! Consuming copious amounts of coffee.

20210715_214731.jpg

20210706_161010.jpg

What's up guys, GX470 / "120 Prado" guy here but saw the WI thread. Just looking for local peoples who have the same problem I mean hobby. I'm in New Berlin- please hit me up with any local offroad spots, or I'll settle for coffee 👍

Rigs: 08 GX470 w 91k I've had for about a month. Wanted something to wrench on, have fun with and be capable / reliable for winter. Couldn't be happier so far! Zero experience w trucks but learning is all part of the fun. Other than maintenance stuff, got a gx460 front brake swap, and found some FJ wheels I had refinished. Going to swap out the running boards for nerf bars this weekend. Get a full frame coating / rust prevention job to do too. No other rigs, literally ever. Fun car is a 'stang and just sold my much loved but seldom ridden 08 triumph speed triple.

Special talents: Ordering car parts at 2am and forgetting about it. It's like a surprise gift for future you! Consuming copious amounts of coffee.

View attachment 2732559

View attachment 2732560
Welcome Tim, glad you are here. I am down in Racine but used to travel to NB everyday for work so I know the area very well.

View attachment 2732559

View attachment 2732560
Welcome aboard! That's spiffy looking truck!
WI apparently doesn't have much in the way of public off road trails. There is a brand new off road park up in Tigerton. They were originally an ATV riding place but had quite a lot of jeep friendly trail built by a group called Road Legal 4WD (RLW4D).
If there is enough interest, we can look into setting up a weekend for Cruisers only!

Welcome Tim, glad you are here. I am down in Racine but used to travel to NB everyday for work so I know the area very well.

Only been in New Berlin for about a year. Lived in Ann Arbor in 2019/2020, and MKE for 4 years before. Originally Boston for quite a while before transplanting. Happy to be settled and have proper garage space 😁

Welcome aboard! That's spiffy looking truck!
WI apparently doesn't have much in the way of public off road trails. There is a brand new off road park up in Tigerton. They were originally an ATV riding place but had quite a lot of jeep friendly trail built by a group called Road Legal 4WD (RLW4D).
If there is enough interest, we can look into setting up a weekend for Cruisers only!
Yeah would be down for anything really. Other than screwing around w some buddies wranglers I'm a complete newbie to the wheeling / overlanding scene. Guess in my 20's I thought going fast was the only way to have fun 😂

Hi Tim,
Welcome to the end extra of time and money. I say it's worth it!! I don't have as much time as I would like with a 3yr old son for coffee but if a group gets together my fingers will be crossed that the timing works.

Have fun with your gx. It looks great. I always liked that light sage color.

There is some forest roads in northern WI that I did a 4x4 trip through last year. It's up there near Ashland and bayfield.

It was a lot of fun! I'll message this group when my friends and I go again!

Adam

Hi all. I'm in Fox Point. 07 GX470 stock and just bought '78 FJ40, also stock. Would definitely be up for coffee. I'm trying to sponge up info as there are so many directions to go, decisions, work, $$. I could do coffee, trips, trails...

IMG_20210511_080855878_HDR.jpg

Hi all. I'm in Fox Point. 07 GX470 stock and just bought '78 FJ40, also stock. Would definitely be up for coffee. I'm trying to sponge up info as there are so many directions to go, decisions, work, $$. I could do coffee, trips, trails...

View attachment 2738970
Also, my name is Niels and special talent: making great decisions after mulling for months.