Wiring Harness repair? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This past weekend I replaced everything on the front end of my LX and in the process I damaged the wheel speed sensor wire. Well I quickly ordered one from the Yota dealer. What I failed to do was provide the part number for the LX, the AHC height control sensor on the LX splices into this connector. Can I salvage this by taking the connector apart and putting the pins into the connector? They are otherwise identical. The LX connector has 3 additional pins.
toyotaconnnector.jpg

This past weekend I replaced everything on the front end of my LX and in the process I damaged the wheel speed sensor wire. Well I quickly ordered one from the Yota dealer. What I failed to do was provide the part number for the LX, the AHC height control sensor on the LX splices into this connector. Can I salvage this by taking the connector apart and putting the pins into the connector? They are otherwise identical. The LX connector has 3 additional pins.View attachment 3126595
Short answer: yes.

If you lift the white retainer inside the connector there will be a small gray tab within the hole for each pin that allows it to slip out the back. A small flat-blade jewelers screwdriver is the preferred tool to release each tab. There will be a bit of friction from the gasket on the back side but once you get the tab released it should slide right out.

If you don’t find any more resources I’ll see whether I have the tools with me to take some pictures of the process.

Other than SRS connectors Toyota stuff is pretty standardized so searches online for “depin Toyota connector” should produce results.

Yours is newer generation so slightly different but it’s the same idea.

Yours is newer generation so slightly different but it’s the same idea.

ok so on mine I've just gotta get the white part out and then I can use a tool to slide individual wires out the back. Thanks I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom