Windshield wiper arm replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOD

Threads
I purchased a "wiper arm upgrade kit from City Racer, but when it arrived, there are NO groves inside the arm to fit over the groves in the wiper motor shaft. City Racer claims that they are supposed to be smooth and that they work great. My concern in in snow,heavy rain, or hail - when you need them the most, that the extra pressure would make them slip on the shaft. Has anyone used these? Advice?

The original arms slipped on the splined shaft so it won't be anything new if these do to. Think of it as a safety feature to prevent screwing up the motor linkages and motor.
Since the original stock ones slipped too under the right circumstances, the remedy is the same: torque the nut tighter.

In heavy snow conditions while parked your supposed to flip your wipers up so the dont stick and also so you can scrape the snow off thats the only sime i can think of that you would have a problem if you didn't do that. I don't have city racer kit got mine from the dealer and they are not splined work great so far.

the arms are a softer metal, when tightened down the splines will make there own grooves.
I did the 4 runner upgrade and went thru all last winter with zero issues, I also did the 80 series rear arm upgrade which works well also.

It's going to be 105 today in Austin. What is this winter thing you speak of?
I looked at where he was from and was thinking the same thing.....Houston here.

Thanks, everyone - I will install them today. And we do get snow in north Texas, but I also make runs into Oklahoma!

The arms don't have splines. They cut in as said above. There is taper to the shaft. And if you put them in the wrong spot pull them off and move a little and re-tighten. All good.

The weak link to our wiper system is the bushing on the linkage.

Linkage forever fix!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom