Windshield replacement 2016+ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just had the windshield replaced in my '20 HE. Super paranoid after reading about leaks plus I have an 80 that is even more susceptible to leaking that I've been through the leak problem with on multiple occasions over the years.

I'm in the Dallas area and decided to go to a Lexus dealership. Talked with the assistant service manager (excellent service from him) and he said they have someone in-house that does windshields. Expensive, but I replaced everything (I think) and used OEM. To calibrate camera, labor cost was $646 but I'm not going to argue with anyone on it. It's done, I'm happy, I don't have a crack across my field of view, windshield is all flush on the exterior, VIN lines up and nothing else on the truck was damaged during the process. Plus, I got a full detail so truck seems brand new! Parts list:

56101-6A957 Glass
56117-60100 Dam
56165-60010 Cover
56116-22050 Stopper
75531-60080 Moulding
SIKA P2G Sealant
75533-60082 Moulding
75534-60072 Moulding

Parts were $1,524, windshield labor was $299 and calibration labor was $646.

I have a new dashcam to install now that it's done. Didn't want to stick it on and then have to remove it.

Randy

Just had the windshield replaced in my '20 HE. Super paranoid after reading about leaks plus I have an 80 that is even more susceptible to leaking that I've been through the leak problem with on multiple occasions over the years.

I'm in the Dallas area and decided to go to a Lexus dealership. Talked with the assistant service manager (excellent service from him) and he said they have someone in-house that does windshields. Expensive, but I replaced everything (I think) and used OEM. To calibrate camera, labor cost was $646 but I'm not going to argue with anyone on it. It's done, I'm happy, I don't have a crack across my field of view, windshield is all flush on the exterior, VIN lines up and nothing else on the truck was damaged during the process. Plus, I got a full detail so truck seems brand new! Parts list:

56101-6A957 Glass
56117-60100 Dam
56165-60010 Cover
56116-22050 Stopper
75531-60080 Moulding
SIKA P2G Sealant
75533-60082 Moulding
75534-60072 Moulding

I have a new dashcam to install now that it's done. Didn't want to stick it on and then have to remove it.

Randy
Wow $2469. But hey, if it is factory spec, then i think that i would not mind paying that. Thanks for the list.

So no one here takes it to Toyota body shop?

Wow $2469. But hey, if it is factory spec, then i think that i would not mind paying that. Thanks for the list.

So no one here takes it to Toyota body shop?

Mine was $1,430 all in. That included calibration. Whoever charged $646 for that is a thief. The glass took about a week to get but it's Toyota. As far as the electronics go the '17 is when the cover changed. They moved 2 tabs about 3/8's of an inch and the old 010 won't go back as the new camera mount with the glass won't work. I previously posted a photo of the new part number.

I had my '17 LX570 windshield replaced by Glass America in Salt Lake City with OEM in 2021. Was very happy with the repair, but unfortunately I hit another rock recently and I need an another full replacement. This time I need to pay out of pocket - since I have multiple glass claims in the past year. OEM cost $1k more than aftermarket (Mygrant).

I noticed the local Toyota dealer lists LC200 OEM glass for $300+ dollars less that MSRP with the same part number as Lexus. Does anyone know if this is the same exact glass and if the HUD and PCS systems are the same in the LC200 & LX570? Given it is the same part number, I wonder whether the glass says "Toyota" or "Lexus?"

Part number 561016A956

$748 - Bell Lexus: 2017 Lexus LX 570 Windshield. Interior, Body - 561016A956 | Bell Lexus North Scottsdale, Scottsdale AZ - https://parts.belllexusnorthscottsdale.com/p/Lexus_2017_LX-570/Windshield/79579531/561016A956.html
$687 - Toyota (SLC): Original Glass Sub Assembly Wind for 56101-6A956 | Larry H. Miller Toyota Parts - https://parts.larryhmillertoyota.com/oem-parts/toyota-glass-sub-assembly-wind-561016a956

If they are the same, I'm thinking of ordering from Toyota and having them ship it a few miles over to the Glass America place that they outsource the work to. Thoughts?
Update

Since I'm paying out of pocket to avoid excessive glass claims, I was able to save a bit of coin by ordering the glass from the local Toyota dealership. Turns out LC and LX glass is not the same. I got the Lexus part number (56101-6A978 - lucky for me the most expensive one, maybe because I have HUD) and Toyota can order it. For my model year, there seems to be cheaper windshield variations too, depending on VIN.

I ordered online which is 30%+ less than MSRP. So in the end I'm paying ~$1500 all in with calibration verse $2000+ which I was originally quoted.

When it gets installed next week, I'll see if the glass says Lexus or Toyota - LOL. That said, I really don't care since it will be OE.

I just had a bolt hit my windshield, and safe to assume it will need to be replaced. When I had the windows re-tinted, I also opted for the windshield to be tinted. If you had to guess, would you assume insurance would also cover the cost of tinting the replacement windshield?

I HIGHLY doubt it.
I just had a bolt hit my windshield, and safe to assume it will need to be replaced. When I had the windows re-tinted, I also opted for the windshield to be tinted. If you had to guess, would you assume insurance would also cover the cost of tinting the replacement windshield?

Nationwide will cover/reimburse for the cost of the tint (~$300). Now, I need to figure out where to have the glass replaced and ensure I get Toyota glass this time. When I purchased the LC, it had sh*t Chinese/South African glass.

Nationwide will cover/reimburse for the cost of the tint (~$300). Now, I need to figure out where to have the glass replaced and ensure I get Toyota glass this time. When I purchased the LC, it had sh*t Chinese/South African glass.
That's a good detail to note about your insurance! Mine did NOT cover windshield tint. The reputable shops I have used insist on OEM glass. Godspeed!

56101-6A957 Glass
56117-60100 Dam
56165-60010 Cover
56116-22050 Stopper
75531-60080 Moulding
SIKA P2G Sealant
75533-60082 Moulding
75534-60072 Moulding

Randy
Which Lexus dealer did you take it to? I contacted the one in Grapevine and they said "Lexus only"

56101-6A957 Glass
56117-60100 Dam
56165-60010 Cover
56116-22050 Stopper
75531-60080 Moulding
SIKA P2G Sealant
75533-60082 Moulding
75534-60072 Moulding

Randy

@Underdog

Appreciate this as I need to replace my original windshield and want to ensure it is done correctly with 100% OEM parts.

Do it right the first time and cry once—or something along those lines.

NOTE: Penske/Wolfchase Toyota in Memphis has a dedicated professional who comes in when windshields/window replacements are needed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom