Window deflectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do anyone use these? Do they work for shade at all? Considering these or tinting as houston parking lots are hella hot.

yeah i have them, and it works for shade.

Depending on when you drive and in which direction, maybe both. It's roasting hot here in AZ, too (103F yesterday, 108-111F most of June-July). There are basically two main categories of tints. One is a dye-based, the other is metallic-based. The dye tints reject UV A & B, but little heat, so you still get the greenhouse effect in your vehicle, regardless of how dark the tint is. The metallic tints reject not only UV A & B, but quite a bit of heat (60% or more, IIRC). Therefore, this keeps your car a LOT cooler. The difference is like night and day. Even if I leave the windows all the way up combined with using one of those foil/foam accordian windshield screens, it's not really any hotter inside the car than outside, and that's when it's 105F out. Unless you live somewhere where the sun isn't very intense, like Seattle, I wouldn't waste money on a dye tint.

Jim_Chow said:
Unless you live somewhere where the sun isn't very intense, like Seattle, I wouldn't waste money on a dye tint.

In Seattle you get these things so that the rain doesn't pour directly into your window. :)

I have Solar Gard HPC22 (which means 22% of the light is transmited, technically illegal in AZ were 35% is the max) on my front two windows. It's a hybred since it uses a metallized film and sandwiched between a dyed layer so that the tint does not have the reflectivity of a metallized only film (that mirrored look). Its about as close as I could get to the factory tint of the other windows. In bright sunlight you can tell the difference (mostly becasue of the metalization reflectivity), but in indirect or low light its hard to tell... it looks uniformly dark all around.

After the tint I noticed I "felt cooler" it might be ust the fact that I did not have the full sun blazing on my arm... it gets HOT in AZ

I haven't gone the window deflector route but tint makes a huge difference on the inside temps. I had Sun Tint do mine. If I remember correctly they were over on Westheimer. Did an awesome job on my Acura. They can get the tint to match with the factory tint quite well and man does it help. Cost me $189 to do 4 windows and a rear window on my Acura. Haven't done my LX yet and don't live in Houston anymore or else I'd have already taken it to those guys!

My front windshield was replaced with aftermarket and doesn't have UV protection like the side windows. There's a drastic difference in the amount of heat that comes through the windshield and how much less heat comes from my side windows.

Does the factory LX windshield have UV protection? Is the side glass the same with LC's and LX's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom