Winch fitment for ARB (3411050) Pics please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone ever tried to fit an RE series ramsey winch to an ARB bar? I've contacted both ARB and Ramsey and they both do not sell parts for adaptation to the bumper. Basically, Im left with having to do the appropriate modifications myself.:confused:

For those that have the winch type ARB (PN 3411050) can someone measure the distance where the winch would go between the framerails (left to right)? ALso, the distance from the front of the bumper to the grill (again, where the winch would go). Im trying to see if my winch will shoehorn into this space. Im not wanting to get rid of this brute.

The problem is the winch is quite long and the fairlead is off set, which means I might have to cut/modify/weld the ARB. As a policy ARB does not release specs like this so I appreciate your help. To be honest, clear pics of the space where a winch would go would be preferred. Please post them or mail them to me at ksbond at telus dot net.

Thanks in advance... :cheers:

LandyLover said:
Has anyone ever tried to fit an RE series ramsey winch to an ARB bar? I've contacted both ARB and Ramsey and they both do not sell parts for adaptation to the bumper. Basically, Im left with having to do the appropriate modifications myself.:confused:

For those that have the winch type ARB (PN 3411050) can someone measure the distance where the winch would go between the framerails (left to right)? ALso, the distance from the front of the bumper to the grill (again, where the winch would go). Im trying to see if my winch will shoehorn into this space. Im not wanting to get rid of this brute.

The problem is the winch is quite long and the fairlead is off set, which means I might have to cut/modify/weld the ARB. As a policy ARB does not release specs like this so I appreciate your help. To be honest, clear pics of the space where a winch would go would be preferred. Please post them or mail them to me at ksbond at telus dot net.

Thanks in advance... :cheers:

Hi

I'm installing a Ramsey REP 9.5e onto my ARB. Only thing is that my ARB is not the regular one. It was modified by the PO to accept a flat synthetic fairlead.

In any event, here is the front of my bumper. I am just going to put in a regular roller fairlead and create any necessary mounting plates, etc.

Kirk also has a Ramsey on his as well. Here is a pic of his rig. You can see the difference in the two ARB's once you see them side by side.

Cheers.
-onur
Akron, OH

Last edited:
NIce truck. My winch, though, is the RE12000, not an REP. The mounting is totally weird compared to all other winches. Do you have any measurements or/and pictures of the hole where the winch would go?

Thanks...

Is there ANYONE who can measure the void that would fit a winch on their ARB bumper? I can find nothing on this anywhere...

I haven't measured mine for fitment yet...and with the winter weather here, it'll be a couple of days before I do...:eek:

You might want to drop a PM to Kirk. He has his Ramsey Patriot already mounted to the regular ARB holes, though I think he also had to fab up some type of bracket.

Cheers.
-onur
Akron, OH

I will measue and take pictures after work. I have an empty ARB winch bar installed, so it will be a good reference.

Boyd

I'd really appreciate that...

Later

Will that fat bastard of a winch fit inside the ARB front bumper? The worm gear Tcase thing is an awkard thing if memory serves me correctly.

That's exactly what Im trying to find out. What I don't want to do is severly modify the ARB so I can fit this thing. Because of the design, for the fairlead to be centered, I have currently welded the edge of the gearbox side of the winch to the middle of the frame (as in 1" from the edge). Does this interfere with how the ARB would mount... I can only find out if I get the measurements for the winch opening. I really want this winch to fit because, in my opinion, it is the best one out there for my application.

Cheers.

ARB measurements

Here are a couple of photos that might help a little.

ARB hole I.JPG

ARB hole II.JPG

Basic measurements as follows:

Between the frame rails - 24 1/2"
Between the uprights - 30"
Lower valence to fairlead mount - 9 1/4"

Let me know any specific measurements and I will post them up.

Boyd
ARB hole II.JPG
ARB hole I.JPG

Thanks again for checking and the pics. My winch will JUST fit widthways, but I need to check for the depth. If this checks out I know its a viable operation. Otherwise it looks like I might need to get a Warn 12K.

Cheers...

Considering the weight of this baby, are you planning on mounting it strictly to the bumper only? I was thinking of having an additional winch cradle to support the beast between the chassis wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't envy you lifting that thing in/out of the bumper for measurements!

Good luck.
Ali

Yeah, its pretty much gonna suck trying to fit this.

My winch measures 10.5" tall, 8.5" deep and 22.25" long. I've concluded it will fit, though, with some mounting modifications. Problem with this winch is that it mounts frontside and backside, not bottom like planetary winches. This means I have to fab a bracket that bolts to the front/back of the winch, and the bracket to the ARB (I assume the winches are designed to be mounted to the bumper and not to the frame, right?).

The biggest hassle will be to mount the bumper and winch, since the winch will be bolted to the bumper before it is installed. The shear weight is almost enough for me to go buy an engine hoist...

2 questions, though.

a) Does anyone know the weight of this bumper?
b) The winches this bullbar is designed to accept bolt to the bumper and not the frame, correct?

Thanks in advance, all.:cheers:

I love the fact that its starting to get nice enough outside where I can start to plan projects like this...

LandyLover said:
a) Does anyone know the weight of this bumper?
b) The winches this bullbar is designed to accept bolt to the bumper and not the frame, correct?

a) around 75 lbs
b) to the bumper.

Sure you can't find another style of bumper for this winch? :D

Ive noticed that Ramsey now offers a line of bumpers for this winch, though not for the 80. I don't mind doing a little fab work...

For the LRs, the bumper is usually made around the RE12000 winch due to its massive size and weight. But, if you can make an ARB fit, that'd be a nice combo. Please document the installation since you'll be the pioneer!

I know I can make an ARB work with this winch... I will be ordering this bumper (once I ask permission from my wife) and I'll be sure to make a detailed report on how this goes together. This really would be the ultimate combo in my opinion and I'll make it work...

Later

I know this tread is ancient.. But did you ever mate the RE1200 on the ARB? I am trying to mount a very very similar worm gear winch on a TJM... Getting started this weekend, So I would love to see how you did it? Pictures would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom