Williams Ratchet ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone know what these type of fastenors (screw-head) are called? See what appears to be a torx like fitting with a slot.
I've not seen these before and I'm wondering what they are called. This a 3/8 Williams flex head ratchet.
20190617_214921.jpg

5 minutes on Google.

Torx dual drive. Gives you the option of either tool. Torx I guess if the farsener is stuck.

well yeah...I saw right off the bat that it appeared you could use either a torx or flat-tip screwdriver, but I was not clear that there might be some new fastener floating around, the magic words "dual drive" were not known to me. I did search for "slotted torx" as a guess but never came across any great info or the web site above.

thanks for the feedback

External Torx is another name for the style fastener I see in Prairie Swamp's picture, heavily used on BMW products. I only see a Williams ratchet in the OP, which is a high quality piece just as good as Snap On.

I think the small silver torx screw in the 2nd picture is similar to what is in the Williams ratchet, on the left hand side of the pic. I have more than a few $$ in Williams stuff, I just never paid attention to the fastener until the other day when I damaged the detent ball and needed to look at the details a little closer in case I need to take things apart. I like the ratchets, wrenches, sockets and a few other things I have from Williams.

T-8 torx works on this, see above picture.

The Williams ratchets and sockets are good, IF they are USA-made. Williams has been owned by Snap-On for many years now. Most Williams tools are made in Taiwan, as they'll reveal to you. Some are USA-made. Usually, the USA-made Williams is rebadged Snap-On with the same features and slightly different dies to keep it apart from their flagship line.

BluePoint tools are also Snap-On produced Taiwanese. What discriminates a Taiwan Williams part from a Taiwan Bluepoint,;I don't know

Grab as much new USA-made Williams as you can. You'll pay nearly Harbor Freight prices now. That could change in a year or two, they could move all Williams production out of the Snap-On plant at any time.

Grab it with both hands.

The lowest price I could find in USA-made William's was toolsdelivered.com, they ship only to the US. Customer service seemed poor, be sure to know what you're doing at time of order.

You can order USA Williams from Amazon as well, if you want to pay a bit more.

Last edited:
the toolsdelivered web site notes which Williams products are USA mfg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom