Will you import an HZJ76 when the 25 year rule allows? (1 Viewer)

Will you import an HZJ76 when the 25 year old rule allows?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m curious. I see the popularity of the 77 series, and it was only improved when the 76 Series was released in 1999 (with a change to coil front springs, making it a whole new beast). I live in NZ, and our rules allow us to import these now, and I’m curious about whether or not you boys and girls over in the USA and Canada will buy one when your 25yr rule allows you to?

97001F4D-4DE7-48AD-BDC2-2C9E0F1AFD83.jpeg

I’m curious. I see the popularity of the 77 series, and it was only improved when the 76 Series was released in 1999 (with a change to coil front springs, making it a whole new beast). I live in NZ, and our rules allow us to import these now, and I’m curious about whether or not you boys and girls over in the USA and Canada will buy one when your 25yr rule allows you to?

View attachment 3091374
Didn’t the 76 & 77 Series share the same basic overall look until ~ 2006?

Last edited:
I might, depending on price, though either a HDJ-100 or HZJ-105 has a bit more appeal to me.

It is already legal to import into Canada I believe. As for USA....when the HZJ76 becomes legal...the pricing we are seeing for the current HZJ77 in the USA will drop for sure.

View attachment 3091374
Didn’t the 76 & 77 Series share the same basic overall look until ~ 2006?

That is correct. They just changed to a coil front setup in 1999, but kept virtually everything else the same.

😉

I have thought about this recently! As much as I think Id love to have coils in the front, Ive never had a 4wd vehicle with them so its easy to keep the leafs for now. I'm on the 2032 train to get something with a VDJ. A VDJ78 or VDJ76. Its a shame it took until 2012 to get the DC pickups, that would be the dream import for sure.

So when can we import a LHD version of this in the US?
Hello,

2032 at the earliest, 2033 to be sure.

LHD, gasoline 76 Series first appeared in 2007 to replace the 73/74 Series.

No narrow nose for this model, I am afraid.

Juan

So when can we import a LHD version of this in the US?
Better buy one now if you can find a lhd model , very few have been sold besides the ones that went to ngo’s and those tend to be deserted in third world countries after they are done with them . Chances of one surviving for 25 years in reasonable condition are slim to none .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom