Will Stock Axles Hold??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i was just wonderin'.....

will my Fj40's stock axles hold up to some 40" meats? (with longfields in the front axle and poly perf.s in the rear, of course) :D

With my driving style, the auto, relatively light weight, I think they would FOR ME...though I have no experience with the new rear axle shafts, I'm sure they are good..

How do you drive, stick or auto, what does it weight, and what kind of 40's? Red label Krawlers would put alot more stress than MTR's one would think.

i like the GO pedal, but i still drive conservatively. it has the stock 4spd. don't know how much it weighs, relatively light considering there's no engine :rofl: i was thinking of iroks, oh wait.......they're 39.5" :rolleyes:

i'm just trying to get a plan going, you know. :D

MISFIT said:
i like the GO pedal, but i still drive conservatively.

how the hell does this work? :rolleyes:

run the stuff, and let us know how well it worked.....who knows, the front end just might stay together...

Good luck!

-Steve

I have been pondering the same tire myself, i'm up in the air

woody ran them on his cruiser, and he drives his ride hard

30-spline longs in front, inners and birfs

poly chromos in the rear (tho I never broke a stocker...likely cause other crap busted first)

fine spline pinions are a must

mini lockouts in front, mini knuckles or BETTER the new Marlin 6-stud knuckles (if they ever friggin come out)

ARP studs for the histeer and the lockouts

40's are pushin a Cruiser axle pretty damn hard, I don't care what you build it with. I do have the distinction of bustin a Gen2 Poly Perf 4340 inner, first one evah.....and that was on 37's. Hell, even the coarse spline front pinion held (surprise)

next issue is air time, if you leave the ground at all, it's worth it to top-truss the front and rear housings...

What motor?

I bust shafts with 36" tires in my 40 with a 350. I don't have the fancy shafts though ;)

MISFIT said:
i was just wonderin'.....

will my Fj40's stock axles hold up to some 40" meats? (with longfields in the front axle and poly perf.s in the rear, of course) :D

How long does it take to catch a fish?

Poser said:
how the hell does this work? :rolleyes:

it means that like to use the GO pedal but i still know when and when not to "hammer down". was it THAT hard to understand?? :flipoff2:

woody said:
40's are pushin a Cruiser axle pretty damn hard, I don't care what you build it with. I do have the distinction of bustin a Gen2 Poly Perf 4340 inner, first one evah.....and that was on 37's. Hell, even the coarse spline front pinion held (surprise)

that's all i needed to know, thanks.

ive driven cruisers for 36 years and have beat the crap out of them run 40' tires 455olds and 501 caddys and a small block and only broke 1 birfield towing my oc 3 dozer locked front and rear with 35s run 40s on mud truck and it works fine maybe rocks are tougher dont know some guys seem to break a lot seems mostly out west when we have the jamborees here the only thing that doesnt brek are the few cruisers that show up they dont invite us anymore cause we show up the american ironstill learning and love all this info have run 40son and off since 1975 and no problems here good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom