Will a late 60's windshield fit on a 1982 FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a late 1960's FJ40 windshield I am selling (I think late 60's), has the wiper motor on the top. A buyer wants to know if it will fit on a 1982. I believe hinges will line up, but what about the hard top, lean and room for the wiper motor on the top vs the bottom.

Pics of my windshield attacked, if its not late 60's would love to know what year it might actually be.

Thanks Chris

fj40wind0.jpg

fj40wind1.jpg

No wiper on top is a different size.
Do you know different how? Hinges are the exact same width, but could be thicker or thinner on the bottom, shorter, or have more of a lean causing an issue with a hard top. So you have any more details on the differences. My 1980 is up in NC so I cannot compare it to the frame I have here.

You talking windshield glass or frame? Frame will interchange defrost vents are different. If earlier than 68 used a hook and latch verse the threaded knob. Also top attaches with four bolts prior to 1/75. The 10/81+ has two wires for the dome light. To keep the light switch in the A pillar would need to add a second wire. Personally think it's a down grade.

Wiper motor wiring is different and the opposite side. Windshield would have to move back to the hood instead of the top of the windshield frame.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom