Help locating a 64 windshield rubber seal. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy follks,
I hope I'm not wasting my time. Anyone have a source for the Windshield rubber seal for a 64 FJ40? Its not the standard height. The 1964 has the vent below the windshield so the glass is shorter. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yes
IMG_2666.JPG

I used 56121-60011 and 56122-60011 (locking strip) on my ‘63 45 from Camelback Toyota

The windshield used for this weatherstripping is taller then the one with the vent in it. How did you handle that? I remember the windshield for the one that this weatherstripping fit was NLA. Then the early windshield was still available but wasn't weatherstripping wasn't.

From my build
This was fun (not :lol:) but it’s in.
View attachment 2222871View attachment 2222872

The put-the-gasket-on-the-windshield-first-then-wrap-a-string-around-it-to-pull-the-inside-lip-in-place “trick” failed because the available OEM weatherstrip is for the later slightly longer windshields and would not stay in place on the glass of this smaller older glass. So put the weatherstrip in place on the frame, then worked the glass in place with lots of cussing, soap, plastic (!) tools and a much more patient wife as helper, er manager.

Essential tools. All that’s left of the lock strip is about 8”. DONE!
View attachment 2222874

No the glass is not OEM but it's what was there when I got the rig. It fits the window frame space which is the original frame, cuz the original frame is welded to the cab in these early fixed top SWB 45's 😄 . I'll put a tape measure on it tomorrow and give the dimensions so anyone can compare their window size. I did nothing to the weatherstrip size wise, installed as is.

I know there are others who have used this weatherstrip on the window frame with the below-window vent, just don't have their names at my fingertips. Maybe @ClemsonCruiser, @sofj45. @Lifelong40Fan, @red66toy

Last edited:
i used the later model on the last windshield and cut it, but its been 10 years since that was done. glass was busted so just had a new flat piece cut and thats was that. simple. the locking strip same thing you wrap all the way around then trim to size if i remember i put the seem for the weather stripping up top and and seam for lock on bottom.

Hmmm, I didn’t cut mine (main weatherstrip). Installed as is. Wonder why it fits and others have had to cut?

No the glass is not OEM but it's what was there when I got the rig. It fits the window frame space which is the original frame, cuz the original frame is welded to the cab in these early fixed top SWB 45's 😄 . I'll put a tape measure on it tomorrow and give the dimensions so anyone can compare their window size. I did nothing to the weatherstrip size wise, installed as is.

I know there are others who have used this weatherstrip on the window frame with the below-window vent, just don't have their names at my fingertips. Maybe @ClemsonCruiser, @sofj45. @Lifelong40Fan, @red66toy
I haven’t gotten to this project yet. I need to soon. Last one I bought from SOR (well over 10 years ago) and I had to cut it. I would like to avoid that this time.

Dimensions from locking strip to locking strip (installed so I can’t measure the glass itself):
Width ~50-3/4”
Height ~14”

Outside (installed) edge-to-edge dimensions of weatherstrip:
Width ~52”
Height ~ 15-1/4”

And last and final full disclosure here’s what my glass (replacement) is. Don’t have its specific dimensions as it was there when I got the rig. It has some slight hazing (between laminates) at the bottom so its been there a while.
IMG_4686.jpg

Good luck with your install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom