Will 84 fj60 carb fit an 82 fj40 engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am running a weber right now but want to go back to stcok aisin. looking at a rebuilt aisin right now will a carb from an 84 fj60 work on my 82 fj40. please say yes.

Bolt up? Yes. After you remove the Weber adapter, and install new studs, and get the insulator/shield back on, and provided that the webber is still using the stock linkage, that has not been messed with/modified in some way, or you have all the old parts. Did you do the install of the Weber?

You may have some smog issues... ::) ::) ::) But it *should* "work"... (like that?) :p

What Weber do you have?

Alright. thats nice. the linkage is still stock. the heat riser plate is brand new too. a shop did the install but gave me all the extra parts which will help. all i will need is to get a new air cleaner ass. i sold the old but i may make money on the deal too. i can sell the weber, the TBI intake it has, and the nonus dist i have for the weber. thanks alot. the weber was a 32/36..i want stock though...

a 84fj60 and 82 fj40 are the same carb, with the exception of the fj60 carb having a AC idle up diaprahm, you can just leave this disconected or you can rig it up to raise the RPMs in your 40, use this if you were winching or something. If you bought a brand new OEM carb for your 82 fj40 you would get a fj60 carb.......so yes will swap 100%

no clue about the Weber stuff.

John H

[quote author=Cruiserhead05 link=board=1;threadid=6679;start=msg54602#msg54602 date=1066959869]
Alright. thats nice. the linkage is still stock. the heat riser plate is brand new too. a shop did the install but gave me all the extra parts which will help. all i will need is to get a new air cleaner ass. i sold the old but i may make money on the deal too. i can sell the weber, the TBI intake it has, and the nonus dist i have for the weber. thanks alot. the weber was a 32/36..i want stock though...
[/quote]

When you sell the non US dizzy I might be interested in it.

John

does 150 sound like to much for the dizzy. i has a spare cap, 2 sets of rotors, extra set of points, and good wires, and two extra baggies of parts for it. it really has the parts to almst build two dist. thanks though. how much do you think a 6 month old weber 32/36 will bring and a tpi snorkel. only paid 100 for the snorkel kit but 400 for the weber

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom