Wife's 2014 GX "Build" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure I'd call this a build, but we snagged a 2014 GX460 with super low miles for a '14 (78k) and gave it a little facelift.

Here it is the day we brought it home:

Reactions: r2m
We were upgrading her from a 2012 GX with higher miles, so we took the opportunity to swap around a few parts between vehicles. First order of business was to swap over the red taillights.

Next up, we swapped over her wheels and tires...OEM 4Runner wheels with 265/70r17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires.

Then I convinced my wife that she definitely needed some 5100's. I had them keep it low key and do the .85" lift setting to keep just a little bit of rake.

Before:

After:

where did you source the tail lights i want to swap to red so bad just so expensive everywhere

We did the 2020 facelift as well. Swapped on an OEM 2020+ front grille, and some Alpharex 2020+ style headlights.

Before:

After:

Reactions: kgx
Wife decided she wanted something a bit more OEM/refined on the wheels/tires so I scored a good deal on some OEM 18" wheels, and decided to try out the new BFG Trail Terrains in a 255/70r18 (measures out to 32.1" x 10"). Pretty happy with the look. Will be interesting to see how they do in the dirt/snow. Haven't had the chance yet, but the on-road manners are really nice.

Any other mods/upgrades you're planning?
If you're planning on keeping it more with the factory look but still want some better off road abilities, may I suggest trimming up both the front and rear bumpers, replace the side steps with rock sliders but with a more factory look and finish it off with some under carriage skid plates.
Call it done!
The wife should be happy with the looks and you'll be happy with the off road performance!

Looks fantastic with those dark wheels and larger tires. Can I ask you about how much it cost to do the 2020 grill update? It does look really good.

We found our 2014 with ~73K in January so I was really happy to find one that old with that low of miles.

Looks fantastic with those dark wheels and larger tires. Can I ask you about how much it cost to do the 2020 grill update? It does look really good.

We found our 2014 with ~73K in January so I was really happy to find one that old with that low of miles.
If memory serves, the OEM parts were about $700ish from Bell Lexus in Scottsdale, and then the Alpharex headlights were $1200ish. Luckily I was able to recoup a little cash by selling the old OEM grille and headlights, so overall not too bad for the cost. Definitely worth it IMO...really updates the look of the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom