wierd noise from my bj42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

.... noticed a wierd noise, everytime i get of the gaspedal..anyone recignise that noise?....

Hi Sid79

That's one seriously muddy driveway you've got there. (Your video is worth watching by itself - Shows why diff locks and mud-tyres are so necessary.)

Sorry but I reckon it's likely that you've lost compression on one or more cylinder. (Sounds like a "missing" noise to me.)

The unburnt fuel coming from the exhaust would support that diagnosis.

So I recommend checking the compression. (Or do that "leakdown test" that I hear people talking about but about-which I am not familiar.)

.....btw it has an blown headgasket, that why it smokes white (i think).......

Quite possible. - Or damaged valve(s), damaged/worn compression rings etc. That white smoke is unburnt fuel. So anything that causes "unburnt fuel" and "missing" is a possibility. For instance it could be that your compression is okay but you have a faulty injector. (But this is less likely.)

:cheers:

hi lost marbles

i have pressure on my cooling system.. the pressure builds up as soon as i crank the motor.
im just scared i have a brocken bearing or something like that..

about my driveway, yeah its kinda muddy, i have blown a 7.5"diff from a 4runner just from parking there....
but i moved 3 months ago in my (first) house, and have a lot other things to fix befor i can spend some time with my muddy driveway ( im gonne build a garage or something on it)

.....i have pressure on my cooling system.. the pressure builds up as soon as i crank the motor.
im just scared i have a brocken bearing or something like that........

You should be scared about a "cracked cylinder head" instead because that is much more likely!

Now that you mention the pressure in your cooling system - That does indeed suggest a blown head gasket - or the much worse scenario of a cracked head.

Has the engine been overheated at all?

Anyway, I'd stop driving it and get the head off pronto to take a look.

well im not that scared about a cracked cilinder head, becouse i allready knew "there is something wrong" with the upper area of the motor.
but if it also has broken or worn bearings, that propebly killed the crank also, the whole motor isnt worth anymore to fix... :crybaby:

btw, im not really driving the BJ42, i just pulled it today out of the garage and into the "driveway" to start working on it.. it has some rust issues :doh:
but im going to pull the head this week and see how it looks...
i just hope that if it is the gasket, and i fix that, that the bearings also start after that..
i just want to drive the bj before July... :bounce:
and with that short timeframe i dont want more problems than what i allready know :D

well im not that scared about a cracked cilinder head, becouse i allready knew "there is something wrong" with the upper area of the motor.
but if it also has broken or worn bearings, that propebly killed the crank also, the whole motor isnt worth anymore to fix... :crybaby:

btw, im not really driving the BJ42, i just pulled it today out of the garage and into the "driveway" to start working on it.. it has some rust issues :doh:
but im going to pull the head this week and see how it looks...
i just hope that if it is the gasket, and i fix that, that the bearings also start after that..
i just want to drive the bj before July... :bounce:
and with that short timeframe i dont want more problems than what i allready know :D

I look forward to seeing some photos of the internals if you are able to post them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom