Why is my OEM tool bag wet??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Subject says it all folks... I had to change a flat this weekend and found that my tool bag was all wet :doh:

I really couldn't find the source of the leak right away -- didn't look too hard -- but thought this was something common if I remember correctly.

I also noticed that the carpet back by the tailgate was a little wet wet too. What gives? ??? We just had a big 3.5" of rain a few days back.

Jody.

Water is probably entering the quarter panel thru the holes for the quarter window belt moulding clips. The clips have foam washers on the bottom that seal the holes. These could be failing or missing altogther.
The wet carpet could be a leaking back glass weatherstrip.

D-

really couldn't find the source of the leak right away -- didn't look too hard -- but thought this was something common if I remember correctly.

Take a look at if the rear wiper washer is working .
also see if it smells like washer fliud . if you hear the pump running but nothing comming out onto the window then its most likley spraying the inside of the D piller and running down in the fender and also getting the rug wet .

My quarter pannel had water in it. Water was comming in through the side marker light. The rubber was not sealing well. I also had some body damage that made the seal to the turn signal leak. I used packing seal to seal them up. Check your weep holes to see it they are not pluged too.

What about your fuel door, water/rain could be entering in through there if the fuel tube?? is not sealed properly. The OEM bag is right behind, below this area.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom