Why are we wagons... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It occured to me when looking at the subforums in each generations we have 'wagon' name ours :lol: and the other ones dont and some of the 80s and beyond just because has a 3rd arent called wagons.

Don't overthink it grasshopper. Wait till you find the children's forums.

'Cuz we have spoke wheels ? -- Actually, these trucks were classified as "Estate Wagons" or Station wagons, originally, for import.

Don't overthink it grasshopper. Wait till you find the children's forums.

I over think many things in life ;) I still need my permit for the childrnes forums because its not open to me yet, but you can help me on that one cause I know you have that permit and wont share it :)

'Cuz we have spoke wheels ? -- Actually, these trucks were classified as "Estate Wagons" or Station wagons, originally, for import.

haha...I guess it has to do with society that we done away with wagons thats for sure. Makes me wonder if the acroynoms 'SUV' did not exist till late 90s or so :D dont know about you but I never heard such letters till 2000 or so...

because they are station wagons....the sales brochures even reffered to them as wagons.
my PA title even lists it as an "SW".

by the early 90s "station wagon" was a very dated term, and as the mid 90s rolled around "SUV" was the buzz term.
but calling a cruiser an suv is just too generic and weak sauce.

so we have the last of the inline station wagons.

Because speed is on par with a Radio Flyer.

Because speed is on par with a Radio Flyer.

My BJ might keep up with the radio flyer if it was towing me :lol:

Don't ever call my wagon an SUV, that one makes me wretch...

Tony

Wagons

My window sticker for my 84 says it's a station wagon. I think that has more to do with a lack of a good term for the style. I don't think that the term SUV was used in 1984 and ORV didn't really fit an FJ60. ORV fit the FJ40 and CJ Jeeps, but not a monster like the FJ60s with things like cloth seats, air conditioning and carpeting. I hate the term SUV as do most FJ owners. An FJ is bad ass enough to be comfortable with a handle like "Station Wagon" and still be cool.

A truck is a vehicle principally designed to carry goods with a large section dedicated to do so. Such as a flat bed, box or similar.

60 series is a wagon. A wagon being a passenger car with a large enclsed cargo area that is connected to the passenger area

a sedan has a boot - or a trunk as you americans call it ;)

a hatchback has a trunk lid that goes from the roof to the bumper on an extreme angle

a coupe is like a hatch but not necessarily with the rear door, but has only 2 passenger entry doors

Like my buddy says "There is a right way, the wrong way and the Wagon way..."

Tony

Hey, at least we aren't in denial. BMW makes some wagons, but that snobby crowd refers to them as "tourings". Makes me gag.
hey.. I will take one through metal masher :D

Yup, my CA title for my '88 FJ62 is listed as a station wagon also. So I always refer to it as the most awesome "station wagon" ever made.

Just a sign of the times I guess. It's like watching some '80s movies with a PG rating that have cuss words and the like.

i'm happy we are wagons... here in ohio truck license cost almost $30 more than a car...

and of course, there are different duties and regulations for trucks vs. cars...

both in importation and licensing.

Here, the 'car' tag lets me go to the dump for cheaper.

I, too, like showing up in a station wagon that's bigger than most...

t

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom